Used 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

Great Car but....
By Fred Press

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm happy with the e-miles I get because i'm generally drive less than 21 miles/day. The trunk is a joke - it is pretty useless. IF Lincoln had a plug-in hybrid, I'd consider it for my next car since I think it would do better with things like noise, etc. I don't know why Ford is discontinuing the Fusion Plug-in Hybrid in 2020 but it's keeping me from buying another. I'll look at alternatives in 2019-2020 (Volvo, Hyundai, Subaru (I understand that they're coming out with the hybrid plug-in in 2020) and maybe VW. I'm not interested in the Chevy Volt (or Bolt) although I like the idea of using a small gas engine to recharge the HV battery while driving.

Fun for gadget lovers
By JDH

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Small trunk due to battery. Only negative

I hate to give up this car
By JULIE HARRINGTON

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very comfortable, extremely reliable, and wonderful gas mileage!

On my second one!
By Gary S

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased a 2013 Titanium Fusion Energi mostly due to the fuel economy when gas prices were higher. In spite of a large number of recalls and one significant engine failure, I was pleased with the cars performance. The dealership made sure that I always had a loaner and it never cost a cent for repairs. Unfortunately my driving habits often took me outside the 20 mile range, but over the course of 3 years, I averaged about 64 mpg overall - not too bad whatever the fuel cost. I have some very "green minded" children, so the plug in hybrid kept me in their good graces.

The only downside for me was the small trunk that would not even hold a set of golf clubs. I got used to using the back seat which is ok when you get used to it. The interior is a bit tight but very comfortable. I do not like the Ford Sync, but I do not use a whole lot of technology while driving anyway.

In spite of the few negatives, when my lease came up, I opted for another Fusion Energi, this time a nice metallic white 2016 Energi Luxury SE with most all of the options. I would have bought out the 2013 car, but the residual value was way too high. The new lease has a much better buy out number when the lease expires. Over $10,000 in rebates made the price acceptable so I am very pleased to keep plugging in every time I pull in my driveway. I am a very pleased Energi driver!!

drive it a while its different but u will love it
By Jack Benson