Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Sad ending
By M3

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 9,000 miles on her three years ago from CarSense. Was great until all the sudden I woke to find four inches of water in the back seat and water in my spare tire compartment in the truck. Took it to dealer after $500.00 to find where the leak was coming from, I was told this had been going on for a while and that it was coming from the hatch back gasket on the top portion. The leak was traveling under the roof cover into the truck and then also going behind the back seats under the carpet. This completely compromised the electrical harness and the CPU (that sits under your passage seat (no smart FORD). All this is not covered under the warranty, nor insurance. Now I have a car payment for two more years and no car. I have been driving with mold and mildew in my car for a while and had no idea. Always had Fords and yes they all have quirks but after looking on the internet and YouTube I have discovered this is a BIG problem. The rear door and hatch back gaskets give way after a couple of years and allow water to leak into the back. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy with this Fiesta since April 2011
By Rick

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've read a lot of the reviews, most of which seem to have been from buyers early on. I have 103k on mine now and have not had any issue with the car. It is a loaded SES and has the automated six speed transmission. I get a combined average mileage of 36-38 mpg. At 30k I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and since then I have seen highway mileage on trips to 43 mpg. It has averaged better than 45k on a set of tires and is on it's third set now. I have ordered and replaced them each time with the same exact tires that it came with. I am happy with the performance and quality of the car and enjoy driving it. It drives and handles as good and as quiet now as it did new.

Great little ride
By Pepsi24

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have mine lowered 2” front and rear, sway bars front and rear, HID lights, and flow master exhaust system..... that being said, it is awesome at taking corners, a little hard at taking the potholes in Michigan though. The sound is really good with the flow master even thought it is a tiny little 4 cylinder. There is tons of storage in the trunk (hatchback). There is no seating in the backseat for anyone unless your in a car seat though.

Worse car ever!
By Diane Agans

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I usually keep my vehicles about 10 years and then sell them myself. I traded this car in after 4 years because I could not in good conscience sell it to anyone. Jerky, multiple code problems, sensor problems, excelleration problems, etc...what a piece of junk! Wanted to buy a Ford since they did not take bale out money. Back to being a Chevy girl.

Please don't buy this car with the Automatic
By Brit

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I've ever owned, I'm from England and my experience with the Ford Fiesta from Europe is very different to the junk that's being sold here in the states. My car has 40k on it and it's on its 4th transmission, which has been done under warranty. The car is dangerous at times with throttle problems related to fords highly flawed double dry clutch. Look elsewhere if your in the market for a used car because this one has been a big regret of mine