Used 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

My Single Year Model 2000 "Special Edition" Vic.
By Justin Nelan

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I obtained this car through a local dealer as the second owner, and the car having 174K miles on it the price was right for the space I needed without resorting to a people carrier. Though the intake manifold was cracked, and the car was starting to show it's age; I threw an aftermarket intake on it, and now have over 220K miles on it. The air ride still works great, oil changes are 5.5 quarts instead of 7 like some OTHER 4.6 liter powered competitors, and this car is a cinch to work on. 27 MPG on the highway is a respectable number when you consider the size of the vehicle. As for power, it doesn't really cut it cranking out about 195 HP to the wheels, and right around 260 fl/lbs torque. Still it can run a quarter mile in low 13's, and bolt ons are plentiful and cheap. Large, seats six, a listless, easier driving car there never was....except for maybe a Lincoln. Still like a cloud.

police interceptor crown victoria
By policeintercep

2000 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I would say the interceptor crown victoria is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Very reliable and fun to drive. The crown victoria is the perfect "get out of town car". Long distance driving is very comfortable in the crown victoria. Lots of power and easy to pass those slow sunday drivers in front of you. I would recommend the crown victoria to a friend or family member.

horsepower and looks.

svt cobra motor lol.

Great
By susanherna

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Mileage is excellent. I get 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.

All leather. CD changer. Keyless entry (best feature-can't lock the keys in the car)

Cups holders need to be improved

Last of the good cars
By Randall1

2000 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

The crown Victoria has been a solid performer. I bought it last year and put over 12k trouble free miles on it. Contrary to Edmunds editors, the ride far surpasses any unit body car I've ever ridden in. Handling is perfectly capable and I've never felt like I've even come close to losing control - even on icy, snow covered, rutted or choppy road surfaces. I owned a 1991 grand marquis that had the same road manners. Overall, the car is great and gets better fuel economy that my minivan. The strong frame absorbs jolts that rock lesser unit construction cars. I've owned and driven mostly unibody cars. I've driven countless numbers of cars due to my work. A large, full frame car is best.

Full frame, size, good handling, reasonable fuel economy, reliability, not an unreliable European or flimsy Asian car.

Optional 5.4 L engine and full size spare should be standard.

One Sweet Vickie
By Jimacpro

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car off lease from a national grocery broker. car was well maintained, and continues to enjoy regular maintenance. Large car, solid body, and excellent suspension make this sedan a true interstate cruiser. when operated on cruise control with the A/C on, I experience a solid 27 MPG at 75 MPH. Performance to spare, I never lack in acceleration when merging onto the busiest of thoroughfares. Cant recall owning a car I enjoyed more than My 2K Vickie!

Large 4 door sedans rock

Headlights seem lacking, even with new lenses, there doesn't seem like there is much light out front