Used 2015 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (13 reviews )

Energi - love it!
By Connie Sarazin

2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So happy with my Ford C-Max Energi Plug-in-.In Hybrid. It’s well-appointed, fun to drive, sporty yet comfortable and fuel efficient. In short - the perfect commuter car. My only issue is with the limited cargo storage...no good place for the dogs and their paraphernalia, so I bought them harnesses that attach to the seatbelts and covered the rear leather seats with a sturdy (dog-friendly) fabric, and now they ride in the back seat instead of the cargo/back area.

Going to buy it when lease matures!
By Arthur Casey

2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Set the mpg gauge once we got the feel of driving the car (about 8 weeks) Have driven it 30 months 18,000 miles since the set. ( 125 mpg 20% hybrid 80% ev) EV plug-in is free. Powered off solar panels on or roof. Solar panels were free, more than free after federal & state incentives. Panels produce more electicity than the the house uses, extra powers 80% of the cars energy, one of our lawn mowers, our snow blower, electric fire place and a couple of space heaters to reduce our heating oil bills by 1/3. Love this car. But the 2018 Honda Clarity looks like it will get better milage (almost twice the battery capacity, thus almost the twice the fed & state incentives. Paid $34,000 for Cmax energi (about $23,000 after

Impresive
By Adel

2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had the C-Max for 18 months now. Its been a great ride, very fun, quick and feels great to drive. A very good job from ford, everything feels great and such a good job of automating the car where lights, wipers and everything is automatic. The car is very well executed, although CVT, it feels right and has good acceleration. Power and handling both are good up to 90 MPH and above that this is not so fun, making it better suited for City and traffic, particularly great electric only ride in heavy traffic with out turning on the engine at all up to 85 MPH. Being in LA, have just done 20,000 miles and looking forward to many more. This is no prius, the higher seating, weight and drive feel more like a cross between a mini minivan and a hot hatchback (which is very heavy at almost 4,000 pounds). My best tank MPG was about 85 MPG, almost 1,100 miles a 12 gallon tank and least has been around 65 MPG. I am due for a second oil change shortly, making it 10,000 interval for maintenance which is always a good bonus. Not much I would fault the car for, maybe a bit higher ride and ground clearance be good but I do like the ride. I got the plug in, but the hybrid only ones were more fun, much lighter and sharper rides. I do have passengers often and the back seat is very comfortable. Ford has a winning formula for the car of the future, size, power and the whole package.

Give it a Test Drive, 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
By Max

2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2015 Ford C-Max Energi, it now has 20,000 miles. The C-Max only needs one oil change per 10,000 miles that cost around $40. Rides and handles good with peppy acceleration. The power adjustable leather driver’s seat is super comfortable. The dealer convinced me to buy the premium extended warrantee because it’s a $32,000 car. But some of us in CA get $10,000 in credits so the C-Max Energi only cost me $22,000. So for driving comfort, handling and reliability I give it 5 stars. The only thing I dislike is the NAV and clunky radio interface. In the 2017 models they have a better system. I looked at the Nissan Leaf, low range and lower crash test. The Chev Volt is more of a sports car, low to the ground and only seats 4, the 2017 seats 5 if your passengers are small. The C-Max is higher like a Honda CRV and has lots of head room for tall people. Short people will like that driver’s seat will adjust way up. The backup camera works good and it’s nice to be able to swing your foot to open the power lift gate. The key fob is big but it never needs to leave your pocket or purse. The trunk space is small but you be amazed at what you can fit in the C-Max. I can fit 2 adults, 3 kids, large cooler with drinks and snacks, 5 folding beach chairs, 1 beach tent and umbrella, 5 beach towels and 3 foam boogie boards. The C-Max Energi is only cost effective if you get good rebates and have cheap electricity under .15 per Kilowatt. Otherwise your better off just buying a C-Max Hybrid or Fusion Hybrid. I use one tank of gas per month at $33. I plug-in whenever the car is in the driveway so I can do all my local driving using the electricity from the solar system.
I was getting ripped off and paying .40 kwh, but now I have solar so it’s about .09 kwh. I also installed the 220V charger so it only takes 2.5 hours for a full charge. I can go 18-22 miles on only electric. The yearly cost for 15,000 miles, based on $2.60 for gas and .15 kwh, 60% Highway & 40% Local is about $800 for gas and electricity for the C-Max Energy. The cost for the C-Max Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid is about $1000 per year. My fuel cost using Solar is about $396 for Gas and $240 for electric, or $640 per year.

2015 Ford C-Max Emergi
By Mike

2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned over 35 vehicles in my life. Cars, trucks and everything in between including a Nissan Leaf. This is without a doubt the best vehicle I have had so far. Great interior and comfort. Great stereo system. Room for 4 tall adults easily. Fantastic visibility. Great power and handling. Fantastic gas mileage. I average between 58mpg and 65mpg on my daily drive to work and back. My only complaint is the huge battery takes up most of the cargo area and for the price of this vehicle it should have a backup camera included but it does have backup sensors. This is a fantastic vehicle and I do not understand why Ford does no advertising on it. I hope they are not going to phase it out because that would be a huge mistake.