2013 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Review: Best if used around town

2013 Ford C-Max Energi - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Best if used around town
By drdan3 on

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had the Energi since it was new. We've had some electronic component/software issues, but at least for now these have been resolved. We are getting 15-20 miles per charge electric only. Given that we use it especially for around town traveling, we get a consistent 130 miles per gallon, and around 1500 miles per gas tank. Given the somewhat lower price of electricity at home (and at Whole foods where it is free), it probably saves us some money in the long run. I do like not having to go to the gas station for 3-4 months. I don't like the Sync entertainment/Navigation system much - I end up using my Android phone which is much more useful and easy to use for navigation. The bluetooth does sync well with my phone. The other aspects - acceleration, road noise, handling, seating comfort are all good. Naturally, the battery takes up part of the trunk - but that hasn't really been a problem in daily life. I think that ideally the family would have another car for long trips both because it really doesn't maximize the utility of the short electric-only distance, but also because it doesn't have a spare tire - if you get a flat, you have to be towed or have a new/fixed tire delivered to your car.

• Engine
  • Transmission

• Climate control
  • Usb ports

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review