Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I Loved my STRATUS!
By emille772

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My '04 stratus was my baby. I bought her from a dealer that was a close family friend as my first real car. My stratus held up amazingly well! I really enjoyed driving it, and all of the room in the car and trunk area! I thought it got really good gas mileage usually 22/25, however when driving on the turnpike I got 32 mpg! I only had a few problems with it. One being that at around 100,000 miles I had to replace the transmission pan and my transmission fluid would leak. My car also stalled out on me once. I was in an accident and hit by a drink driver on the drivers side. I have to say this car held up wonderfully! I wasn't hurt, however my car was totaled!

It was very easy and fun to drive! I love that is had both a CD and tape player! I love that it held pretty much together during my accident.

The transmission, and back seats they were a little uncomfortable to sit in!

my first dodge
By miguel

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very quiet, with new rotor-and brakes, I know I am good for the next 40,000 miles, next challenge what about oil, will burn more?

Shabby
By Shabby

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from a 'friend' and in a few months I had transmission problems. also idles rather loud. This car is about 4 years old; it should not be having these problems. A few more repairs and my bill was over $1,200. So I won't be buying another dodge stratus anytime soon.

Car was comfortable, and it was a smooth ride.

Work on engine integrity. Under the hood is not pretty.

Repairs
By Veronica

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this as first family car. A few months after purchase the car would just stall while driving. It will do this every few months and no reason has been found why. The car was 3 years old when it needed a new starter. A few months later the brakes just stopped working. It seems that after the car was 3 years old, every few months it has needed repairs. For a car that we have always kept up with routine maintenance should be more reliable. Getting ready to trade in and not buy another dodge product.

spacious

Build a care that will be reliable

Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Great performance and fuel economy. Many luxury features found on coupes costing much more.

Would have liked 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes.