Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Magnum SRT8 Future Classic
By Bill in Texas

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is an animal. try to find a wagon that looks this cool and runs like a muscle car. Very low production. Prices are rising with low mileage cars hard to find. Buy one now.

Once was just not enough
By D.E.Light

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a new SRT Magnum for my own retirement gift in 2007. Simply loved it but eventually sold it to a friend's son who kept bugging me for it (for 3 years). After that I owned 2 Chargers, 1 R/T, 1 SRT and a Chrysler 300C. I really missed the wagon because of the versatility and nasty looks so when I was able to find the second wagon I grabbed it. Never have had any issues with any of these vehicles but then I take care of all the maintenance/repair myself so no one can mess them up. There is a HUGE difference between the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi LX cars pretty much in all respects so for me it will always be the SRT. The 6.1 responds very well to small changes (tuning,exhaust,CAI) and kicks real butt when you also loose 150-200 lbs of weight from the car which is not that hard to do. Even with the 12 sec. 1/4 mile performance I get around 23mpg on 75mph trips. Best of both worlds and the darn thing is a wagon to boot! Kudo's to the SRT team. This gang has brought back the old day attitude and swagger we had in the 60's and early 70's. Chrysler leads and the others follow ( after complaining and trash talking about being beaten of course). Some things never change.

Its been a nightmare
By Mike azuela

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since ive had this car, the water pump, upper control arms, tie rod ends, gas tank, and thermostat had to be replaced in less than 4 months.

Love the power [non-permissible content removed]
By Shawna

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fuel sucks but comfort and power is awesome!!! Added exhaust and cold air intake to add more horsepower,overall, I would recommend to anyone.

The beauty can mask anything
By nbrandl

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mechanic, I bought my 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 High Output AWD a year ago with 54,600 miles on it. As always, I performed a full vehicle check on the car before purchasing it. I loved this car, it was fast fun, elegant, and provided everything I needed, at first. Since I bought it I have had numerous mechanical, programing, and electrical issues currently totaling to $4,500 dollars. Just to give an idea, at 70,000 miles my throttle just went out (this isn't included in what I have already spent) and I now have to replace the entire intake system which is going to cost around $2,200 (these costs don't include mechanics fees, which will potentially double the costs) *A battery cost $300