Used 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Grand Caradont
By Tim

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Its a van, and it's cheap. It was a great value but the resale value along with its expected reliability hurt it greatly. On occasion the transmission acts up, but so far no major issues. It just feels cheap.

Super van, excellent for a wheelchair
By J Roberts

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These vans a plush like a sedan. They are designed for someone need easy entry and exit. This made moving a wheelchair bound person a lot easier. Try one out you will like it and It be helpful.

2015 after 2yrs
By Jeremy

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just out of warranty only HOT air blows from the passenger vents.

Love my Van
By Rob

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2015 Grand Caravan SXT with the navigation. I love the look of the outside and inside of the Dodge over that of the Toyota or Honda. I like how my car rides and handles. I like the Dash and console, both glove compartments (upper glove compartment has a USB port inside). I really like the folding middle seats, why Toyota or Honda have not installed these into their vans is a big mistake. I love the navigation, it is very simple. I like the Bluetooth, it is also very simple to use. My sister has a 2016 Honda CRV and her car phone is horrible and always calls the wrong person and her navigation is very confusing. I like the hard drive, I can save my favorite song or band and then the radio will notify me if the song or band is playing on a different station, very cool feature. I like how easy it is for a 6 foot 1 man to get into and out of the van. I have to duck to get into most cars, my sisters Tahoe, CRV, 4 Runner or my aunts Honda Odyssey. My van has power sliding doors and tailgate, driver, passenger and back seat heating and air conditioning controls. The dash is laid out really nice and I love the full console, just wish it had a big arm rest. Over all the van is very quiet and very little road noise. Ok, what I don't like. The air conditioning needs to be colder and it needs a sync so I don't have to turn each temp control, the seats could be a little big bigger for large people, they are comfortable for me, but I do wish they were bigger and I hate the little arm rest, they need to put a big arm rest on the console like the new Kia. The very back seat is un-comfortable and I wish you could adjust the seat for and aft and the seat back angle, it is very straight and needs to have adjustments. Also all the info is in one small gauge in the dash so to see how much gas is left or the mileage or any of the other functions you have to change it. No power seats and no blind sport monitoring or back up sensors, to get the safety equipment you had to get the RT model (my car does have a back up camera, you get that with the navigation) and if you want all the safety gear you have to buy the top of the line and that comes with leather and I hate leather. One last gripe, in a new car why no auto headlights? I had a hard time learning to make sure I turn on and off my headlights, funny, but the day time headlights are so bright you can very easily drive with no headlights. Last of all MPG is not the best, but my aunts Honda Odyssey is not great either. My car has a 10 year warranty and 8 year bumper to bumper, plus tracking if my car is stolen. I paid 29,000 out the door for my van and you can not get a Honda or Toyota any where near that price with power doors or tailgate. The transmission does shift a lot, but besides that I like the power of the car. For the price I paid I feel like a got a real nice van. Is the dodge as nice as the Honda or Toyota, for the most part, yes! their seats are nicer and they do ride quieter, but they can not match the versatility of the Dodge. This is the first time I have ever bought a Dodge, I have always bought new Toyota's, my last car was an 1998 Avalon that I have for 17 years, but I think the Toyotas are ugly today, same with the Hondas. Last of all, I bought a van and I have no kids. I love how my van can carry anything I want and it's not a truck. Don't skip looking at minivans just because of what people think. Minivans are far more practical than a SUV, truck or car. Do your self a favor and test drive one. They ride like a car and can carry 7 people in comfort, for the most part plus with the seats down you can go shopping and bring home almost anything a truck can.

2 years and 10 months later the only issue I have had was the drivers side power regulator went out. The Dodge dealership fix the regulator in 2 hours. No coast to me as my car has a 10 year warranty. Just this last month I heard a loud band and I could not figure out what caused it. I finally noticed that my head rest was popped open. My headrests have a feature that if you are in an accident they deploy like a air bag. I went online to check this our and it seems that a lot of manufactures that use these types of headrests have the issue of them going of when you are just driving. I have no had time to have it fixed yet. Besides these 2 issues my car is running like new. I like my van and am very happy with my purchase. I do change my oil every 3,000 miles and keep up with any maintenance and so far most of the cars I have bought last me a long time.

Highly Disappointed in Dodge.
By Cary Lynn

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After being a 2008 SE Grand Caravan owner, I expected so much out of my "upgrade" to the 2015 SXT. I owned my 2008 until it had 192,000 miles on it. We drove it hard, were rough on the inside, and used every feature it had. I have only owned the 2015 for 2 days and I am already very, very disappointed in Dodge. The first thing I noticed was that this SXT has a smaller engine. I had a 3.8 in my 2008, these new ones, no matter the trim level, only have 3.6. I didn't expect to notice what I thought was going to be such a small difference, but man, do I ever! These new vehicles have FuelEcon. This causes all kinds of different things to happen, which are supposed to be more fuel efficient.... "The feature adjusts engine timing and transmission shift points to optimize fuel economy. The transmission will upshift sooner, downshift later and skip select gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds. The torque converter clutch will engage sooner and remain on longer, and the engine idle speed will be lower." I am torn on using this feature. It was turned on when I picked it up, and I have driven over 75 miles in the 2 days I have had it. I live right off of a major highway, and acceleration is important. My 2008 got it, it would zoom up onto the highway, no problem. Eventually, when this 2015 finally accelerates, it does drives nice. It feels smooth and the seats are more comfortable than the '08. But, the acceleration on this '15 in no way compares to what I could do with the '08. I plan to drive with the FuelEcon off and see if this makes a difference. The next thing I noticed was that there was no "Info" button (so I can see who is singing), and no Bluetooth or UConnect. I had UConnect on my SE and an Info button, which I used all of the time to check out artist's names. Two nice features gone on this "upgrade". They also rearranged the dash, it looks a lot sharper, but the steering wheel blocks my speedometer and I can't see how fast I am going. I did find that I can now display my speed digitally, which is nice, so I keep that on so I can watch my speed. My son about flipped when he got in the car, to plug in his laptop, and there is no 110V plug!!! We use the plug for so many things. He charges his laptop, I run my oil diffuser, we used the wall charger plugged into it for one phone while another phone is plugged into the car charger. This feature can be added, by purchasing an adapter, but we will lose a car charger port in the process. The 2015 SXT has no compass, garage door opener, overhead storage or fog lights, all of which my 2008 SE had. The new van has both 3rd row vented windows on one switch, so you can't choose to open one or the other, it is both or nothing. Another thing that I will miss, in loosing these overhead bins, is the lighting. The 2008 had a nice lighting system. Each seat had their own reading light, and there was also a nice glowing light I could turn on and still see my kiddos but not impair my outside visibility at night. I have noticed a slight decrease in the cabin noise from my '08, but it is still considerably noisy. The 2008 had vibration noise with the overhead bins, by not having them, I have lost some of that noise. I was thoroughly disappointed that there is not USB in this vehicle. There was one available at the next trim level, but for a 2015 vehicle that is designed to carry many passengers, this was a shocker. Overall, if this one preforms as well, and for as long as my last one, I will ultimately be happy with it, but I just can't believe that Dodge took away so many features that were available 8 years ago on the lower, SE model. One feature that I do absolutely love is the new, taller console. Before, I had to reach down to the floor to get to the car charger. This new, taller center console, makes that so much more convenient.