Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
Select your model:
12345...55

Pros
Cons

Best car I have ever owned

rango2004, 11/02/2003
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought a new Durango from Manhattan Dodge and the second I took it for a test drive i knew that this car was something special. Handling is extremely crisp and accurate, while the braking is also responsive and quick which makes this the perfect city SUV. After getting a chance to drive it on an open highway I was equally impressed with the performance and power. The suspension is the best I have ever seen in an SUV and the combination of power and handling makes it feel like I am driving a car. The cargo room is also extensive. I am looking forward to a lifetime of happiness with my new Dodge.

I like this Durango

avg, 12/07/2003
ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I just bought this vehicle yesterday. Driving it home, I find it to be very comfortable, smooth, and a quite ride. It's a base model, however, it comes standard with many features that you would normally have to pay extra for. It has a v6 but it seems to have plenty of power going up a hill.I bought this for my wife to replace a 95 Voager. I'm very happy with it and hoping that my wife will too. It's fun to drive. Is there a manufacturer rebate on this model? We were told that there weren't any.

What a piece of garbage

bhoffman, 12/12/2005
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My only hope is to warn others to look closely at this vehicle before purchasing. Two weeks after I brought it home, the electrical system burned out. After that, it was recalled for a sticking throttle. Following that, it developed a water leak which eventually led to moldy carpet padding. It took my dealer nearly 6 months to track it down. The transmission has been in for repairs 7 times! It's still not right! Unfortunetly, I was unable to invoke the lemon law on this one becuase I waived my rights as I bought it as a true employee purchase (through my father).

Overall, great Experience

Matt B, 04/05/2008
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was raised with practicality in mind when it comes to vehicles- ignore brand loyalty, just buy the best option available. The Dodge is very reasonably priced for the vehicle you get. Make sure your dealership has great customer service ratings though- our engine made a ticking noise before warming up after 2 years. Dealership told us 'all Durangos do that. It took us threatening to tell media of problem for them to agree to look into issue again. Exhaust manifold had warped because of impurities in metal. Fixed that problem- after another service, was making rattling noise- dealership hadn't completely tightened part. The vehicles has been perfect, it's the cust service w/ problem.

used but new to us

kelleyb, 07/02/2017
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just brought 04 Durango limited with all bells and whistles for under 7000. with 137000. In my 30 yrs of marriage to a ford guy,I stuck to my guns when buying this sweetie. LUXURY ABSOLUTELY !!! you name it, she has it.. Hubby argued wanted a another Ford, since Ford Explore engine seized. Nope I told my hubby my money my pick. car dealership had all the recall fixed by dodge technician before it came home with it. Most importantly I just brought a small used ero lite camping trailer and we needed SUV to pull it. The former owner took real good care of it. She did put some over sized tires on it, which make you think climbing into truck. love height and underneath clearance. safety for everyone riding in it. With grandkids and elderly parent that goes long way with me. We have had Nissan, Ford, Eagle, Chevy, Miata(still have) GMC all driven into the ground. But this is dream come true for this old woman. Can't wait to take to w/ trailer to Yellowstone next spring for our 30 anniversary .

12345...55