Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
Select your model:
12345...55

Pros
Cons

Awesome!! just bought it recently looked like a 2010

godisgood7, 02/12/2012
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We honestly saw this beauty on the lot and I swore they were lying to me. The way it smelled, drove looked I thought it was a 2010 model. Unbelievable. Drives so smooth and love that HEMI!!! We have 3 kids and this is perfect for them and all the things we do. We are getting ready to go to the snow next month and look to have a blast!!! We test drove, the BMW X5, Grand Cherokee, Toyota Rav, Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Ford Taurus Suv, Hyundai Santa Fe,Nissan Xterra, Dodge by far was the most impressive and funnest to drive and enjoy. Just exceeded expectations. I am trading in my eclipse for a dodge car next so we have 2 Dodge's. Grab life by the horns!! Go Dodge!!

Why doesn't the engine last long

JR, 10/06/2015
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 04 dodge durango 5.7 slt 8 cylinder yes it burns alot of gas but i love my truck problem also they rott very fast ..my main problem I jus got an engine 2 yrs ago cost over $2,500 now i need another very absurd and these warranties don't last more than 6 months to a year..Most people keep telling me just junk my truck its not worth it shakin my head

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

connielou, 04/26/2012
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Durango used in 2006 with less than 20000 miles on it and regret it. It has been a complete piece of junk! Overheats constantly even after replacing thermostat & cooling fan, differentials went out after a couple of years, CD player doesn't work, 3rd row seat literally came detached from the floor, cheap plastic interior has multiple cracks. Only gets 12 miles per gallon. Very dangerous blind spot in front. When I turn on the front window defroster, the power steering belt slips and makes a loud squeal and I lose power steering. This thing is only 8 years old! I have read multiple reviews with these exact same issues. Do not buy this vehicle!!!

Been a great family workhorse

Dan, 07/17/2010
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I have always been proud of our family-vehicle-and-workhorse-in-one. Unlike most SUV owners, we know what the "U" stands for. Aside from one problem with a transmission module in the early years, and unfortunate cheap plastic construction on ext. and int., this vehicle has been worth every dime. We haul livestock and farm materials. We vacation. We commute. We shop. We're still making payments, though, but that's ok, because we plan to own this vehicle forever. Glad to see West Virginia law enforcement has made good use of the Durango for their fleets. It's a shame that we'll never see another SUV like this again, especially since Daimler dumped the Chrysler money pit.

Disappointed

AndreaH , 03/31/2005
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been disappointed with my 2004 Durango which I bought after an excellent experience with a 2000 Durango, which I traded in. Although the passenger comfort is much better the model seems to have big problems. I needed a front differential replaced at 7000 miles and just had the battery cable recall work done, as the car was intermittently not starting. Shame that the utterly reliable old Durango has lost so much quality in being "upgraded". I'm trying to get the dealer to buy it back from me and give me my old 2000 back!

12345...55