Used 2012 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Shifts hard constant repairs
By bob

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought are van used with 70k we have had it a year now put about 20k on it and im not pleased the transmission shortly after buying when shifting from time to time shifts hard some times really hard common problem. Took it to the dealer and where i bought it was told that was "normal". Transmission cooler lines blew out on us at 75k and now the flywheel is cracked at 90k when googled it looks like this is a common problem. The rear brakes stick from time to time another common problem. In the first year we are at close to 1500 in repairs. Also the van claims it gets 26mpg but when i did the math its closer to 20 i love the stow and go and the looks of the van if i could go back in time i would not buy this van i still have 2 years of payments and can only hope it makes it before the tranny drops out. Next time ill spend the extra $$ for a toyota and live without the nice interior

Never again
By disappointed

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Disaster from the start. Bought the van for my wife. She wanted all the bells and whistles. Ended up with sirens in addition to those whistles. Faulty door switch caused the car to go up in flames when it was a year old. Chrysler tried to do everything they could to shift blame but ended up doing a recall on all the Town and Countrys. They had a poorly designed switch. Next came the cylinder and another recall. At least the fire department did not have to be called this time. Not the van is going on six years old and there is a drive train issue... the drive train warranty is good for five. Overall quality of the car is poor. The appearance and features were very nice and it is what my wife wanted but now she is driving a new car and I am stuck driving the van until I get something else.

Upside down
By Irenelehrman

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thoroughly enjoy this van. But my enjoyment has wilted after finding out I owe 6k more than what I could sell it for. Wanted to trade and buy something more economical as I’m driving longer distances now. Looks like rice and beans until I can get it paid down a bit:)

Fun piece of Machinery
By Leon C.

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am the second owner of this 2012 T&C. I bought it with 118500 miles on it. It was in good shape but needed some TLC. The engine was misfiring on the #2 and #6 cylinder. Turns out that the head was defective from the manufacturer. They extended the warranty on that part to 150000 miles and since have replaced the head, no longer having misfire issues. The 3.6 Pentastar motor is a powerhouse except when turning right or left like when entering a freeway or taking off from not a quite complete stop like when the red light changes to green just before you stop. The engine idles rough and I will have that looked at. The transmission was shifting poorly due to the fact the previous owner never did a service on it. I had the trans serviced and it is working better but still takes awhile to shift down from the passing gear. I drive for a Rideshare Co. and put 350 miles on it a day, 5 days a week. Gas mileage couldn't be better at about 23 mpg in the city. I get great comments from my passengers about the seats being comfortable and the amount of leg room they have. Everyone loves to watch Anchorman on the DVD player. they think the electric sliding doors are cool too. Over all, this is my vehicle. It is in very good shape. Your vehicle may operate differently and have other issues. Any car purchased will have issues but for families this car is absolutely reliable as long as it is maintained.

Wife loves it , now leaves me alone
By Joe

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Stow and go seats are tough to put up/down especially with weatherteck mats