Used 2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Navigation System Failure before 30,000 miles!
By Kim

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

My warranty on my 2015 Chrysler 200C expired at 4/18/2018. Over the past month (June 2018) I have been experiencing episodes where I get an error in bright red that says "Vehicle phone requires service. Contact dealer". At the same time, my GPS freezes. I contacted UCONNECT who asked for my VIN. They said I needed a system update. I could either go to the dealer, or download from their website onto a memory stick and do the update myself. I chose the latter. The update would not complete, so I took it to the dealer. The dealer tried to run a new update that "just came out last week", to no avail. The who radio/GPS needs replacement. I asked if this has happened before, to which the dealer replied "Oh yeah". Cost is $1400!! This car is only three years old with less than 30,000 miles! Once again, just two months out of warranty!! I see many posts online for the same issue. Has anybody heard of a recall on this navigation system, or an extended period of warranty due to the number of issues??? Please help?

Bring back the Chrysler 200!
By R/T

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I owned a 2013 Chrysler 200 and when I saw the re-styled 2015 models , I had to have one! I did my research on the cars before I made my purchase. Make SURE you get the 3.6/V-6, NOT the 4 cylinder. The V-6 pumps out 295 HP that has more HP than a Suburau WRX, which only has 286 HP. Also find a car with the ALPINE 9 speaker 506 watt sound system with the 8.4 U-connect touch screen NAV. (Navigation-Sound Group 1) With my Sirius XM subscription, the touch screen offers a current weather map with forecast/severe weather warnings and nearby gas prices! I also have the "Comfort Group" that has heated seats, steering wheel & remote start. What is AWESOME during winter months, when you auto start the car, it automatically activates the heated seats, steering wheel & ups the blower speed on the fan control so your ride is TOASTY when you enter! Also, you can keep your FOB in your pocket or purse and when you get near the car and place your hand on the door handle, it's unlocks automatically so you don't have to fumble around to open it! I have the 200 S model that has the 19" Hyper Black factory rims with stiffer sport suspension and my choice of vivid pearl blue clearcoat and people don't know if my car is an Audi or a BMW! (snicker) Let me tell you that V-6 is freaky fast with the 9-speed trans. Some people complained of "hard shifting" which can be fixed with a re-flash at the dealer and the trans will adapt to how "you" drive and not the previous owner. (I had that done) Yes, the back seat is door area is small for adults but this is my personal car and have no problem with that issue. Furthermore, most "newer" cars recommend full synthetic oil in their engine designs but thanks to FCA engineers , only regular conventional oil is required saving $$$ on oil changes! The front seats are nice and comfy and the Alpine sound system has a "surround sound" mode placing you in a concert hall while motoring around and the 8" factory subwoofer thumps pretty decent. I put 3K on my car so far and I LOVE it! FCA Sergio Marchionne made a mistake by ending production of this car. FCA should have done a better job in marketing this car to the public by comparing the quickness and sporty lines of the 200 to Audi, BMW and the Suburau WRX as mentioned earlier. The younger generation would have jumped on this choice of car big time, by advertising the 200's prowess as a sporty racing machine and not a droopy 4 cylinder grocery getter......

Mystic black shadow
By Douglas

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I just purchased a Chysler 200S AWD v-6. It’s an awesome car, just love it.

It’s junk do not buy
By Shawn

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Looses value fast, transmission issues big time. Complete pile of crap on wheels. Crap service at dealership, had transmission replaced still garbage car. Stay away from car and dealer. Under $8000 on car. Rip off armory Garage dealership sucks

Biggest Regret of my Life
By Brendon N.

2015 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

When I took the car off the lot for a test drive. It seemed adequately powered and comfortable. The back seat at the time was a non-factor, it was really where I just tossed miscellaneous items. I was impressed with the ease of which the infotainment and driver-assistance features worked. In fact, I think it's the best controls and layout I've ever used in a car. It's so simple, clean, and easy. Honestly, I wish I could rip off the center console and put it in a Ford to combat their tiny buttons and confusing features. This car is floaty. Every bump keeps me moving for seconds after. This car, at the end of the day, has its natural habitat on the back of a flatbed. I should've foreseen it. The first week I owned it, my friend hopped in the passenger seat and realized the floor was soaked. The A/C system was leaking from under the glovebox. Once that was fixed, I ran into more serious problems with the car's computer systems. I had to be towed when my car wouldn't get out of first gear. In a 6-speed, I could limp to a dealership. In a 9-speed, that first gear only just gets you going. I was revving in the red going 12 mph. But hey, that was the one time the car was actually moving with one of these problems. The other THREE times it ended up on a flatbed, I couldn't get the car out of park and all these errors were popping up on the driver's display. I'd be the first to admit I drive a lot. I have nearly 70k miles on this car of mostly long road trip thruway miles. But every time I approach the car now, I wonder if it'll start, get into gear, and get me to my destination. Not comforting. I've doubled my car payment and am looking to sell as soon as it's worth more than I owe. Can't wait.