Used 2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

A Peach Of a Car
By Frank Black

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 C and had absolutely no problems out of it....It has 55,000 miles on it, but this is the last car I will buy due to my health. All extras on the car but the auto park and lane changing device. 9 speaker surround sound system radio, navigation, weather phone u connect, sirus radio, leather etc and the car is peral red. Have bought new and used Chryslers for 42 years, and NEVER had a problem with them ..........................Frank Black Clinton Ill

You an Idiot If You Read the Reviews and Buy !!!
By Unhappy Owner

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

WARNING DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! It is in the shop more than it is on the road. I have a 2016, 3 days after purchasing the car a light came on. The CPU went out, they had to replace that. Within one year of having the car a heating module when out, the ignition coil went out, the airbag sensor malfunctioned, the car required SEVERAL updates, the transmission has issues and Chrysler has place this in writing on one of my invoices, but refused to fix the issue. The transmission jumps, stalls or skips gears when you are placing it out of park. As you are driving the transmission will jerk, the whole car. The last incident that took me over the edge was the car started to rust, and they tried to say it was my fault, but the rust was under the paint, which meant it was a manufacturer issue. They gave me the run around for months before Chrysler approved the fix, this is after they received the pictures from the dealer. I had to fight with them for approximately THREE months. Not to mention the dealership placed a false claim on my warranty and I had to terminate my relationship with them. I have had random strangers stopping me at lights, gas stations and, grocery stores inquiring if I had issues with my car and informing me of their woes. The dealerships, the customer service, the headquarters are all garbage, Chrysler will not stand behind their products and provide mediocre customer service. I am telling you now DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! You will regret it...worst decision ever. I will never buy anything under the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep umbrella EVER AGAIN!

Run, don't walk, away from this car.
By Wendy B.

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I bought this car used with 17k miles. On the way home the engine light came on. Took it back. They claimed it only needed an update. Three days later I had it home. A month later the Transmission overheating light came on. Back to the shop. They "couldn't replicate error". Two months later engine light was back on. Replaced sensor. Six weeks later transmission overheating light back on. I had this car just over 16 months, and had warning lights come on five times. I ended up trading it in with only 27k miles on it. Transmission light came on again when we were heading to the dealer to trade it in. Some people are claiming this is the cat's meow. That it is only happening in the 4 cylinder etc etc. Be very wary of those claims. Pros: Handles well in all weather. Three body trunk. Cons: passenger wiper stops right in front of the driver's eyes, very short headlight distance in low beams, surges while slowing down, rearview mirror blocks a huge part of right side of windshield. Tons of blind spots. Engine and transmission issues galore.

Chrysler 200c 2015 worst car ever
By Eduardo cortez

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Don't ever buy this car, I had take my car to the dealership 4th times the reason is becausr it went off while driving. The other day I was on the freeway and from the not where it turned off by itself with a hard vibration. The dealer tells me they don't fing nothing wrong with the car but defently is something going on.

Frightening Acceleration Problem
By Barney Brundidge

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 S, no longer under warranty, since owning this vehicle nothing but recalls in which I took the vehicle for updates. My airbag light came on in March 2018 took to dealership, ran a diagnostic test $139.00, technician said that I needed a new airbag gasket, asked if covered under warranty, "you're 36,000 mile warranty has expired and I would need to pay $550.00 for the repair......On Friday, June 22, 2018, traveling home from work, turning on a major road in Tampa FL on a very high traffic area, my car would not accelerate, cars behind me, when it appears that I can't accelerate I was able to navigate to the side of the road. Nothing wrong with battery, plenty of gas, recent oil change 5/19/18 by the dealership. Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome.