Used 2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Run, don't walk, away from this car.
By Wendy B.

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I bought this car used with 17k miles. On the way home the engine light came on. Took it back. They claimed it only needed an update. Three days later I had it home. A month later the Transmission overheating light came on. Back to the shop. They "couldn't replicate error". Two months later engine light was back on. Replaced sensor. Six weeks later transmission overheating light back on. I had this car just over 16 months, and had warning lights come on five times. I ended up trading it in with only 27k miles on it. Transmission light came on again when we were heading to the dealer to trade it in. Some people are claiming this is the cat's meow. That it is only happening in the 4 cylinder etc etc. Be very wary of those claims. Pros: Handles well in all weather. Three body trunk. Cons: passenger wiper stops right in front of the driver's eyes, very short headlight distance in low beams, surges while slowing down, rearview mirror blocks a huge part of right side of windshield. Tons of blind spots. Engine and transmission issues galore.

Chrysler 200c 2015 worst car ever
By Eduardo cortez

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Don't ever buy this car, I had take my car to the dealership 4th times the reason is becausr it went off while driving. The other day I was on the freeway and from the not where it turned off by itself with a hard vibration. The dealer tells me they don't fing nothing wrong with the car but defently is something going on.

Frightening Acceleration Problem
By Barney Brundidge

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 S, no longer under warranty, since owning this vehicle nothing but recalls in which I took the vehicle for updates. My airbag light came on in March 2018 took to dealership, ran a diagnostic test $139.00, technician said that I needed a new airbag gasket, asked if covered under warranty, "you're 36,000 mile warranty has expired and I would need to pay $550.00 for the repair......On Friday, June 22, 2018, traveling home from work, turning on a major road in Tampa FL on a very high traffic area, my car would not accelerate, cars behind me, when it appears that I can't accelerate I was able to navigate to the side of the road. Nothing wrong with battery, plenty of gas, recent oil change 5/19/18 by the dealership. Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome.

Navigation System Failure before 30,000 miles!
By Kim

2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

My warranty on my 2015 Chrysler 200C expired at 4/18/2018. Over the past month (June 2018) I have been experiencing episodes where I get an error in bright red that says "Vehicle phone requires service. Contact dealer". At the same time, my GPS freezes. I contacted UCONNECT who asked for my VIN. They said I needed a system update. I could either go to the dealer, or download from their website onto a memory stick and do the update myself. I chose the latter. The update would not complete, so I took it to the dealer. The dealer tried to run a new update that "just came out last week", to no avail. The who radio/GPS needs replacement. I asked if this has happened before, to which the dealer replied "Oh yeah". Cost is $1400!! This car is only three years old with less than 30,000 miles! Once again, just two months out of warranty!! I see many posts online for the same issue. Has anybody heard of a recall on this navigation system, or an extended period of warranty due to the number of issues??? Please help?

Bring back the Chrysler 200!
By R/T

2015 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I owned a 2013 Chrysler 200 and when I saw the re-styled 2015 models , I had to have one! I did my research on the cars before I made my purchase. Make SURE you get the 3.6/V-6, NOT the 4 cylinder. The V-6 pumps out 295 HP that has more HP than a Suburau WRX, which only has 286 HP. Also find a car with the ALPINE 9 speaker 506 watt sound system with the 8.4 U-connect touch screen NAV. (Navigation-Sound Group 1) With my Sirius XM subscription, the touch screen offers a current weather map with forecast/severe weather warnings and nearby gas prices! I also have the "Comfort Group" that has heated seats, steering wheel & remote start. What is AWESOME during winter months, when you auto start the car, it automatically activates the heated seats, steering wheel & ups the blower speed on the fan control so your ride is TOASTY when you enter! Also, you can keep your FOB in your pocket or purse and when you get near the car and place your hand on the door handle, it's unlocks automatically so you don't have to fumble around to open it! I have the 200 S model that has the 19" Hyper Black factory rims with stiffer sport suspension and my choice of vivid pearl blue clearcoat and people don't know if my car is an Audi or a BMW! (snicker) Let me tell you that V-6 is freaky fast with the 9-speed trans. Some people complained of "hard shifting" which can be fixed with a re-flash at the dealer and the trans will adapt to how "you" drive and not the previous owner. (I had that done) Yes, the back seat is door area is small for adults but this is my personal car and have no problem with that issue. Furthermore, most "newer" cars recommend full synthetic oil in their engine designs but thanks to FCA engineers , only regular conventional oil is required saving $$$ on oil changes! The front seats are nice and comfy and the Alpine sound system has a "surround sound" mode placing you in a concert hall while motoring around and the 8" factory subwoofer thumps pretty decent. I put 3K on my car so far and I LOVE it! FCA Sergio Marchionne made a mistake by ending production of this car. FCA should have done a better job in marketing this car to the public by comparing the quickness and sporty lines of the 200 to Audi, BMW and the Suburau WRX as mentioned earlier. The younger generation would have jumped on this choice of car big time, by advertising the 200's prowess as a sporty racing machine and not a droopy 4 cylinder grocery getter......