2019 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Great choice
By Bob k

2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Wanted to downsize from a 2010 Tahoe.with the traverse we seem to have the benefits of a smaller vehicle such as easier handling ,parking smoother ride much better fuel economy without sacrificing roominess.on a few trips we have gotten 30mpg using cruise set at 70!

All around pleasure
By Tony R

2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

After test driving it overnight, we fell in love with the power; fuel efficiency and interior comfort it provides. The over all look and feel is amazing. You know the saying, “Happy wife happy life.” My wife was in awe with the comfort and room. I was impressed with the infotainment system and alll the USB ports. NO need for the kids fighting over charging! 100% satisfied.

Great Long Distance Vehicle
By Rick

2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I couldn't really give honest answers to some of the questions because I have only owned this vehicle for a week. This is my second Traverse. My first was a 2011 and I loved it. Nothing but routine maint. on the 2011 so I'm hoping for the same on the 2019. I DO like the new one better than the 2011. Plenty of get up and go. Handles well. Very comfortable, especially, on long trips. Plenty of room. I would definitely recommend this vehicle. My only disappointment is that there is less U.S. made content in this vehicle than the 2011.

Best in Class
By Tim

2019 Chevrolet Traverse Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Once my wife decided on captains chairs, leather and heated/cooled seats, there was no completion in this class. Chevy hit a home run with the redesign.

Went with the 2019 Traverse RS
By Brian H.

2019 Chevrolet Traverse RS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

After much research of the Traverse and usual competitors, we went with the Traverse with RS trim, as it had everything that we wanted and needed. It has leather seats, surround vision, upgraded sound system, and 20” black wheels. We have been driving the vehicle for a week now, so this is a preliminary review. There is no noticeable drop in acceleration with the 4 cylinder turbo engine, and it does have slightly more torque than the 6 cylinder models. This engine would probably not be appropriate for heavy towing. The bonus is better gas mileage around town. We were first going to go with the LT Leather Trim (3LT), but discovered at the last minute that Chevrolet had pulled a fast one between the 2018 and 2019 model years. They have removed many standard features from the 3LT trim, including the surround vision! All of the reviews available talk about the 2018 model and what was standard on the 3LT, and the change in standard features for 2019 was very hard to come across. The Chevrolet website defaults to the 2018 model when comparing trims. The sales people probably won’t know about this. It’s almost as if Chevrolet doesn’t want people to know. Seems odd to remove standard features, instead of adding them over the years. If you want the 3LT leather trim and features such as surround vision, you need to add the new LT Premium package for a little over $3K. As this is just an add-on and not a trim, it will be very hard to search for online. We were lucky that the dealer had an RS available in the color and with features we wanted. As with any auto purchase, make sure you verify all important features on the exact vehicle you would like to buy, especially before traveling a long distance to a dealer or ordering sight unseen.