2018 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Neat Little Car
By Michael H.

2018 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace a 2004 Mini Cooper S that I totaled. I needed a car that I could easily put a multi-needle embroidery machine in the back, which I could in the Mini. So far it has been great. Meets my needs well. Ride gets a bit lively when the road gets really rough, but I can fly through severe rain when others have their hazards on. I have yet to drive it in a Southern Ohio winter, but I think it will be ok in the snow. I researched a lot of other cars and found this to be the best value. The gas mileage is really great. Controls are easy to use and well located. Not as much interior storage as I was used to with my 2008 Mazda3, but that is to be expected.

Two Sparks in Two Months
By Dev

2018 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Previously bought a marshmallow white Spark LS back around the end of November, but got t-boned and totaled around December. It's amazing how well that car held up. Our vehicle went airborne, rolled 5 times, and landed in a ditch and I walked away with little injuries. The side curtain airbags and OnStar kicked on immediately. This vehicle is extremely safe in an accident, so much so I bought another recently again to replace my last. This time in sorbet pink, because I love out-of-the-ordinary cars. Also hopefully this time they'll see me with that bright a color, lol. Upgraded up to an LT1 trim, too, and I think it's worth it if you don't mind spending a little more. The rims are alright but the little inserts you can order really make them pop. Also comes with keyless entry (no remote start though, sadly) which is a must for my delivery job when I'm holding large packages. The LS trim is really the best deal you can get, though. They go on sale every other month for around $10,900 which is a steal for a brand new car with a good warranty and build quality. The interior is the same throughout all trims it seems like but it's pretty simple and quality-built. It doesn't feel like the dash will start peeling and cracking in 3 years, or the electrics burning out at the same time. Only thing I'm worried about is the CVT reliability, but honestly they'll last with the scheduled transmission fluid changes every 45k miles. Certified Pre-Owned Sparks from Chevrolet dealers come with 100k mile warranty for everything, which is great. Only other car I can think of that gets close in this price range of new cars is the Mitsubishi Mirage, but it feels much more cheaply put together in terms of quality.