Used 2015 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Great car
By Bob

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Sonic, and I really like the car. My first one was broadsided by a guy at 40mph and I walked away!!! Liked the car so much that I bought another one. Edmunds search helped a lot in finding me a car, thank you.

Sonic the Hedgehog
By Steve

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My girl and I bought this car in September of 2017 a used car that was a 24 month lease before us. We got luck it was a lease from a large corporation that took great care of it. About 1 year of driving and no complaints at all, just love this car.

Lemon Timebomb
By Ramona Polvere

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Thought this car was pretty great, then at 30K miles engine started losing compression. Waiting for the dealer to resolve this issue. Also may have a leaking heater core. While the engine repair is covered by warrantee the heater core may not be.

Deceptive car
By CRYSTAL

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Cannot lower the front of the driver seat nor tilt the headrest after 3 years I've replaced half of everything that makes the car run water pumps $200 fan assemblies hoses belts air intakes metal lines after 3 years a car should not have to have this much work done where I live the speed limit does not get over 55 miles per hour my car still looks brand spanking new but is falling apart

Engine failure, car broke down 4 times in month
By Ktornese

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2015 Sonic LTZ, certified pre-owned with 14,000 miles, under manufacture warranty. I traded in a 2006 Jeep liberty, purchased for my 19 year daughter in college. The car ran fine action you can take.er.Then all the lights were on the dashboard so she brought it back a week later to the dealer. The engine had many problems,they replaced everything on the engine they could, was in the dealer for 2 weeks.One week later back in again with engine problems. Now back in again with over heating problems light on the dashboard. This car is under warranty so they have to fix it at no cost to us but, GM told me they can only help by fixing it won't have anything to do with trading it in or providing a swap out. I told them this car was built wrong why does a consumer have to suffer this,wanted to get rid of it. They will not help you if you have a lemon of a pre-owned. Some states do support certified pre-owned law suits,so research out further action to take. The dealer I bought it from washed their hands of the sale of this car as i shipped it from PA to Arizona. Don't bother to buy this car its a real piece of junk.