Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 2500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Have always owned Chevy

tuftrks, 07/22/2003
LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Gas milage is bad no matter what we have tried to do. Computer chip, air intake, dual exhaust, doesnt make a difference. Still only get 13 miles a gal. 8 miles a gal towing. Should have bought the 454 it gets same mileage and has more power.

Toy Hauler

Jimmies00, 12/02/2009
HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck with only 17,132 miles on it it now sits a little over 38k miles. Had one minor thing a 02 sensor went out. I have used this truck for a truck and hauled a couple loads of 38k lbs. Plenty of power! Blew up my drive shaft Pulling it once too. All love the truck love it even more with the new Bully dog triple dog GT! 15 MPG running empty..

love this truck

Jay, 03/08/2009
LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new and for the first 125000 miles I didn't do a thing to it except replace a cracked exhaust manifold (at 650000) and change the oil. I have 155000 on it now and in the last six months I have pretty much given it a complete overhaul. Everything broke at once. Granted I'm not the best with maintenance and it all just caught up with me. Now with a complete new brake system, alternator, starter, the other manifold,and a tune up, I hope to get at least another 100000 miles out of it. The biggest complaint is the ABS. Even after the recall they still don't work right. Quick fix is to pull the fuse. I hope for a few more years out of it and would definitely buy another Chevy.

I love my truck

kestor, 08/18/2004
HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the performance and the capabilities of my truck. I have hauled a yard of damp sand and gravel mix, with 8-94# bags of cement in my bed and I have had no problems. The suspension is incredible, and the brakes are awesome!

Hands Down, Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

Mark Ashlock, 04/25/2007
HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. My first Chevy truck since '64 . My wife has a Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't trade my truck for two of hers. Great power, fantastic brakes, outstanding visibility. Best back seat of any make in 2000. Actually is tilted like a regular seat. 148,000 miles, been in the shop twice for minor concerns, doesnt use any oil, and still on original brakes. Average 13-14 mpg (16 hwy), which isn't bad for 300 HP and 365 FPS of torque. Pull a 4 horse goose neck, no problem, although it does better with 3 horses. My only mistake was only buying one. Should have bought two and put one up on blocks in storage!