Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Work truck Classic
By TheReaper!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Not one problem other than an evap code at 100,000 miles . Changed oil religiously around 3,000 miles . Cheap truck and cheap rims that got rusty fairly quickly here in the rust belt . Used it for light hauling motorcycles mostly and household stuff never overloaded . After 10 years and 100,000 miles rides , drives and handles like new . Got a load of discounts on it for 15K $ out the door , try doing that today . We don't use it much now trying to make it last another 10 to 15 years just for hauling and as a back up vehicle . Not plush by any means just a basic small cab rear wheel drive 8 foot box old style pickup truck . I wish I would have bought 2 that day . 6/29/18 still running strong no additional problems to report . All that said others have had transmission problems with this exact truck, but they did a lot more hauling with them than I ever did.

My Silverado
By Dennis Horner

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. I've ran it hard since I bought it new. Handling is great. Geared high so great fuel mileage. Rides great. Has never let me down.

My review starts at 106,000
By buggs

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Style, comfort, interior

support the back end more to carry heavier loads. Even though I carry a heavy load all day

Not Bad for Spare Parts
By maiphet

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal at a dealership for my trade in and 100K powertrain warranty helped my confidence. One of the best riding trucks I have owned really a smooth and comfortable ride. Got the 4.8 L and gas mileage is good on long trips, but a little underpowered if you want to go hot rodding. Final word not bad for a truck made from the final year of the old body styles.

Comfortable front seats, comfortable ride, good gas mileage, 100K warranty, color and trim.

Need Better factory tires. Fishtails unexpectedly when raining and taking sharp turns. Eliminate the governor. Dear Chevy, I might need to go past 98 mph one day

Ho Hum
By Barney

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a 10YO Ford F150 that rotted away. The Chevy has 75 more hp and gets better gas mileage than the Ford +1 for the Chevy. Exterior paint is already fading on the side molding -1 for the Chevy. Wallows like a tippy canoe and loses contact with the road when pushed to spirited driving levels -3 for the Chevy. It's quiet, had a couple recalls that took care of steering rattle and transmission leakage. Ho Hum. I bought it because I had to have another truck immediately, it got 3 to 5 mpg better than the smaller engined Ford, and at the time it was way cheaper than any Ford I could find.

Gas mileage, power, quiet ride.

I'm sure the new body style (NBS) vehicles handle better than the "Classic". Paint fading is unforgivable. Longer warranty.