Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

I got rid of it but im stuck for years!!!

Jay, 09/26/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used low mileage, purchased a warranty still, little did i know it wouldnt cover anything. 2 days after purchase i brought it back to dealer because of the transmission slamming into gear and they told me that was normal. Fast foward a year and half the car started breaking down, headlights never worked, oil leaked, door locks dont work, car shaked so bad, and actually my car rolled into a brick wall while IN park and the front end was dented and scraped. Finally, my rotors got so hot they melted my tires, last straw, after finding out my transmission needed to be replaced at 83k miles!!!! I still owed 8k on it and i traded it for the bare minimum 1500!!!! I then had to pay an additional 1k out of pocket for even a down payment ( i have great credit) just to get into a better car!!! So fast foward i bought a 2018 kia optima and i love it, however my loan and payments expand to 7 years at 500$ because of how bad this car screwed me over. I will never EVER own a chevy again!!! Pure junk!!!

pretty good car.

shotgun1496, 07/26/2012

have had tons of issues but thats from tons of driving every day. car wasn't running good lately but then it hit a truck tire on the freeway, tore the crap out of the bottom of the car, got it fixed for $4000, but this car has never ran so great, i love it now rides smooth and quietly, runs good but to small of an engine for the car.

Chevy runs shallow

landroverblows, 04/06/2012

The plastic seat backs snap out of place when I put any pressure on the back. I'm 6-3, 225. It has to be put back in place constantly. The front bumper is too low & scrapes when I enter dipped driveways. I have 3 black scuffs on white paint on underside bumper. There's 2 cup holders in the center console and the back soda always gets wedged in. There's not enough space for your gadgets in the open console. You have to stow everything away under the arm rest but I prefer a place where I can see and hear it. Dash molding above MPH popped out on 1 end - cheap glue. My left knee leans up against door and hits the trunk button while driving. Low tires. Chevy doesn't honor 'bumper2bumper". 27 mpg

Do not buy!!!

Robin Campbell, 09/24/2015
LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are looking to sink a ton of money into your car, then by all means this is the car for you. The steering rack and gear completely bound. The exhaust camshaft also needs replaced at just 65,000 miles. The 2004-2009 malibu had a recall for the steering rack, but they refuse to include the 2010. The same part is used, but they won't do a thing to rectify the problem. Complete lemon of a car. There is no power, the interior is falling apart and the handles are peeling. The seat belt in the rear was also replaced.

Junk chevy and gm

Big D, 08/15/2018
LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Gm is super cheap and doesn't use hardened steel on transmission parts so all in all ur transmission will go out.I have owned gm cars my whole life but will never buy one again. My dad was looking to buy a new chevy truck.but with poor support from gm and not wanting to recall an obvious problem he has decided he will no longer buy gm vehicles of any kind.maybe if they wold recall there junk transmissions they would have more sales.But obviously they don't care about there customers

12345...21