Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...49

Pros
Cons

More bang for your buck

Brent Young, 07/24/2005
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I are, or were, hardcore SUV owners until we saw and drove the newly designed Malibu. The price tag was a big hit as well. I would have expected to pay much more money for all the luxury. The car is far superior in the quiet department as well, and rides as well as a larger wheel based auto. I am a big guy, and the car is suprisingly roomy. Our best mileage yet as been just over 27 mpg, but that was only on a two hour turn around trip. I believe the car will do better on the long haul. Simply put, the car has really exceeded my expectations.

ssful, 07/30/2005
4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been most pleased with my 2004 Malibu. It suits my needs, safely getting me to the grocery store, and not breaking the bank on providing transportation. I feel this is an excellent choice for a student driver, or small family, or elderly person who is not looking for all the bells and whistles, but reliable transportation with the safety of a midsize. I extensively shopped, and only the Malibu and Galant were priced within my range .I purchased a demo with low mileage fully equipped, with two years of remaining warranty and paid under $10k. My only complaint is the seat adjustment handle is of such inferior plastic, I fear that it will break off every time I have to readjust.

Great Car

rebecca young, 04/12/2004
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The all new malibus are great cars, fun, to drive, and very sleek!

Ad
Build Your Malibu
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 6 Trims
  • $22,095starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

A car that is more than adequate

Malibu Raptor, 06/20/2004
4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have now put over 1300 miles on this car and for the most part am satified with it. I previously own a 99 and a 02 Malibu and felt they were excellent cars. I was disappointed that the base model of the new line of Malibu's only has a 2.2l 4 cylinder engine, although it has more than enough power to get the job done and gets excellent mileage. A recent 360 mile road trip got 37.8 mpg according to the onboard trip computer. It is very unfortunate that they have dropped the ABS and child door locks from the standard equipment list for the base model.

Nice Car

MikeT612, 09/25/2004
4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like it. Looks weird at first, but it grows on you.

12345...49