Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Very reliable car

Jim, 06/03/2008

I bought my 98 Lumina in 2002 with 105K miles on it for $2800. Now it has 203K miles and still runs perfectly. Still looks good too. Have done only routine maintenance. I have definitely gotten my money's worth. I hope to get another 100K miles. Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride, 30 mpg highway. What more could you want for basic transportation? Too bad Chevy stopped making Lumina's.

Very Reliable

Mr Sensitive, 06/13/2008

I bought this car new for my wife in 1998 in Houston Texas to replace her 1986 Chevy Monty Carlo. It has been a very reliable and exellent car to drive. Relatively good gas mileage even today in 2008. I get 25mpg on highway and 21 mpg local. I currently drive it back and forth to work about 26 miles round trip. Only repairs, turn signal switch and alternator. Had a small oil leak that I used some stop leak on the last oil change. This seamed to stop the leak. Changed plugs at 105k mile. Currently has 116,000 miles on it and still rides pretty smooth. Chevy should bring this vehicle back into production . I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great family car

Farrah, 07/12/2008

This just replaced our 98 Cavalier with 112,000 miles. Our 98 Lumina has 48,600 plus miles. Runs smooth and like a champ. Great on gas.

Best Car Still on the Road

Pat, 09/01/2008

Ten years and still going. I still get the same miles per gallon as day one (I keep a log), one tune up at 100K, only peformed normal maintanence. The only thing my AC needs to be charged if it's the compressor it's the only thing on the car, other than tires that would not be original. It rides great and if I can fix the AC I hope to be doing this again at 200K miles right now I'm at 116,600.

That's a Lumina?!

kd0bep, 01/16/2011

We have had this car for nearly ten years and never had any major problems until we happened to get an oil change while at Wal Mart and they managed to drop something in the engine while doing it. When we drove the car from the store it started to make a clinking sound. When we went back they told us to prove it! So we took it to a mechanic who said it would be simply cheaper to replace the engine than to fight over it. Well he ended up putting the engine in wrong and it died out and needed another one. It becomes an even sadder story from there. The car still runs but it just isn't the same. It currently sits at 176,000 miles.

12345...14