Used 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

My Bad [non-permissible content removed] ZR2

Paul Merryman, 05/11/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This truck is my ideal dream truck. I heard another reviewer call it the Marty McFly truck (Back to the Future), and I agree. It is the truck I wanted when I was in high School (& that was a LONG time ago). OK, so it is my mid-life crisis truck. The stance, non-functional hood bevel, 31" tires, bumper reduction for approach/departure, optional roll cage with LED lights (I got em), factory lift, all lend to an aggressive look. Mine has the gas V6/308 HP. This engine has plenty of umph for me. The front and rear locking diff is also a game changer. Take some time to watch this on YouTube and you'll see what it is. Getting in a out of the ZR2 is a bit of a stretch. I am 5'10" and I can make due, but if you are in inclement weather, you risk the chance of rubbing the back of your pant legs on the factory stock rockers. My girlfriend hates this; I don't :) The interior is nice, but the dash has a plastic feel due to the fact that it is cheap plastic. The leather seats are comfortable, but combine both electric and manual adjustments (curious as to why). Driving this little beast is awesome! It handles like a sports car and with the DSSV shocks, this truck eats up bumps and jumps! If it is gas mileage you are looking for, this is not the truck for you. I am averaging 17 MPG. I love the layout of the instrumentation. If you have an Apple or Droid phone, don't worry about getting the navigation option. With the Apple Play, it mirrors itself on the large infotainment screen and you just use your smart phones navi app to get you where you want to go. This is a really nice feature. Overall, I obviously love my truck. It is a head turner. True story; I was sitting in a parking lot and a truck driver stopped his rig in the rain and ran over to where I was! He wanted to know what I was driving. Amazing!

Outstanding American Truck!

Tom, 02/21/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my 2018 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Long Bed with the V6 back in October. The critics reviews confirm my expectations of this truck, as I absolutely love it! Chevy did a remarkable job with performance, technology and cabin comfort, keeping the road and wind noise out. The V6 is powerful and eight speed automatic shifts seamlessly. I am equally impressed with the 4 Wheel Drive system as well. The infotainment is excellent. I have the optional navigation and Bose speakers, which are both outstanding. I am currently getting 20 MPG around town and 25-26 MPG on the highway. After driving the Toyota Tacoma, I was simply sold on the Colorado. Just read the reviews and comparison tests, as there is no compararison. Even the new Ford Ranger doesn’t come close.

Could be great if Chevy took of the problem they k

Sam, 09/28/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I now have 4000 miles on the truck and it's in the shop to replace/repair the torque converter. I noticed what I thought was an engine miss early on, then thought I was hearing a lot of road noise, seemed like I was always running over ribbed pavement, truck stated vibrating badly when under slow acceleration, problem got worse quickly. There was another person in the shop at the same time with a 2017 Colorado with 12,000 miles with similar issues. The dealer GM said they had the problem with mostly the Silverado, the Silverado loaner they gave me to drive while repairing my truck seems to have the same issue, it had 4 miles on it when I drove it home and I could feel vibration in it already, I'd bet it becomes a problem. This is the first new vehicle of many in my 70 years that I had a problem with. If the problem is fixed and no others occur I'll probably keep the truck, basically like it, any further issues and I'll trade for the Ford Ranger when it comes on sale in the states...had two Rangers and loved them both.

Overall satisfied

Mike, 03/29/2018
ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the 2018 WT ext cab, 3.6L, 8 speed automatic after owning a Tacoma 4 cyl automatic for 16 years. Overall, I like the Colorado. Controls are intuitive, power is much greater than my Tacoma 2.4L provided, and the truck feels much more substantial and heavier duty than the Tacoma. The Colorado gives a reasonably comfortable ride and the seats are fairly comfortable, if not a tad hard. The automatic can also be shifted as a manual transmission if desired. The standard 4 way power driver's seat is a nice feature. The info system, the first I have had, is very intuitive and simple to use. I like the individual tire pressure readouts, which I checked for accuracy and found dead on. There are some downsides to the truck. The air dam at the bottom of the front bumper is way too low for a truck and is easy to scrape on parking lot curbing, and certainly limits any kind of off-road use. Sometimes engineering designs to provide an insignificant improvement in gas mileage ignores every day usage considerations. In warmer weather I will check to see if I can remove the air dam. Speaking of mileage, around town I am only getting 11+ mpg. I realize the truck is new (only 220 miles on it) and mpg has been hampered due to some winter idling time when window defrosting has been necessary, but still, not encouraging. The outside mirrors are not power, and also lack any inside adjustment lever, like my Tacoma had. This is a pain if my wife drives the truck because she will have to get out of the truck to adjust the passenger mirror. Finally, the Colorado has a high step up, especially for a 2x2. My short wife has a problem getting in and we both end up sliding out of the truck to exit. This is irksome considering the very low ground clearance of the truck, which is listed at 8.3" (lowest of the trucks) and I highly doubt that the front air dam is actually that high, at least not with the standard 16" tires. I am not sure why both the front air dam and also the shock absorbers are so low to the ground. The bed and its sides are somewhat high causing me a problem reaching some things lying on the bed of the truck. Reliability at this point is, of course, a question mark, but initial quality has been faultless; no drive train issues and I checked all equipment and gauges and all work as they should. Hopefully this is a good sign. Time will tell. Overall, getting in an out for my wife is a pain, but once in the truck, it is comfortable and enjoyable to drive and provides a feeling of a well made truck, I just have to be careful when parking the truck in parking lots that have parking curbs/cement stops to avoid scraping the front.... again. Update- info screen went blank for one short trip and backup camera, on occasion, has not showed guidelines. Otherwise, no problems. MPG around town noticeably less than EPA rating, but solely on highway I am geting better than EPA MPG rating.

1000 miles!

Kelly, 06/05/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So far so good. Decided against the Toyota and went with the Chevy. Quiet ride (better than our 2008 Highlander) and handles well. Overall happy so far. Best MPG was 25.6 for a 300 mile trip.

12345...10