Used 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

transmission vibration

larry rucker, 05/26/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased 2018 colorado new at champion chevrolet johnson city tn and at 2,000 miles transmission developed a vibration in transmission most of the time.I returned to dealership for repairs and tech. said he could not find anything wrong and since the check engine light was not on there was nothing wrong with the transmission.I left and it vibrated all the way home.At 5,000 miles it appears to be geting worse,I have appt. at another dealershio this time.tarr chevrolet in jefferso city tn. changed the fluid in transmission and this resolved the problem.I also found a service tech,notice concerning this problem which has been ongoing for a few years but apparently champion chevrolet in johnson city has no knowledge of this problem or does not care about there customers.at approx 10,000 miles the vibration returned.this time tarr chevrolet replaced the torque converter.this took care of the problem until approx.15,000 miles and the vibration returned.this time tarr chevrolet obtained some type special tools to remove all transmission lines and they flushed the system and changed the fluid again.I now have 21,000 miles and have not had any problems with the vibration.however when you start the vehicle after being parked overnite you can hear a loud noise underneath and occasionally the transmission will have a small jerk while driving.I would not recommend anyone purchasing a chevrolet with the 8 speed automatic transmission.general motors has had problems with this transmission for a few years. champion chevrolet of johnson city tn said they could not find anything wrong with my transmission.apparently they have incompant technicans and service manager.vehicle has been in the shop now 5 times at 27,000 miles and chevrolet cannot repair the transmission.the big problem now is a jerking motion in the transmission.2 times the vehicle lunged foward sitting at an intersection.also at times when the vehicle is started there is a loud noise that comes from the direction of the transmission.a class action lawsuit has been filed in federal court in florida which includes 5 states due to the transmission problem.

Torque converter problem

JW, 10/25/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

12000 miles and experiencing the rumble/vibration issue that seems to be a very common problem with Chevy trucks. Had the transmission flush and then the torque converter replaced under warranty. Still doing the same thing. After research, it seems a lot of people are having this issue. Waiting for a response for GM as dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix. Update - dealer never could figure out how to fix. Chevrolet Regional Service manager was supposed to look at it or contact me. He/she never did. Finally got the dealer to take the truck back, but it was at a substantial lost to me. I do not recommend any Chevy/GM vehicle with this transmission.

So Far pretty Good

sossendh, 06/24/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Only 600 miles on the clock; here are some observations. Interior is fairly minimal. Not much storage compared to Taco and Ridgeline. Only two USB ports for the front. The very important drivetrain control is hidden behind the wheel so you can't see it while driving. Also, there is no light on the panel to tell you what mode you are in. Big design flaw and easy to fix by now. The 8 gear tranny is constantly shifting as you would expect, but it is not that noticeable and does not affect acceleration. If you step on it, it will spin the wheels a bit in first, which must be very low indeed. It also has variable cylinder count, so it switches between 4 and 6. Not very noticeable. I think this is one of the tradeoffs for good mileage. I have a high for the last 50 miles of 24, and an average for 600 miles of about 22. That's a mix of highway and city. Compared to low teens on my 2000 Tundra V8. The ride with the Z71 is stiff and rough. I think it will soften a bit with time. Sound and NAV are great, though the Android interface is a bit clumsy. And it cannot play MP3 files from you Android phone, only from iPhones. Haven't tried offroad or towing yet. 4 way power drivers seat works well and has a firm lumbar support. This was a big deal for me and so far my back is not complaining about the seat. Apparently it has a timing chain, a plus. LPO bedliner is flimsy, I am replacing it with a spray liner.

Nice truck-until I drove it for a couple of weeks

Robert Wolf, 12/27/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm usually a Toyota man, but when I decided on a mid-size truck I found the Colorado to be a quieter, smoother ride and the interior's look more to my liking. Plus, i did not like that the Tacoma had such an enormously long hood! I really wanted a 2 wheel drive vehicle, but the dealer only had 4 wheel drive's in stock. So, we went ahead and briefly test drove a pretty silver 4 door model and decided to go ahead and purchase it. After a week or so, we noticed two problems: 1st, a vibration while driving over 40mph every time I would accelerate slightly. 2nd, when we would come to a stop, we felt a "clunk" in the rear end like someone tapped us from behind! We took the truck back to the dealer, and they replaced the torque converter (I see that's a common issue!) and that took care of the vibration, but immediately after leaving the dealer parking lot, we noticed that the "clunk" was still there. We turned around and went back to the service department and had one of the technicians ride with us to experience the problem. We left the truck with them for over a week to try and figure out what was happening. They resurfaced the rear brakes and "greased the leaf springs". Again, as we left the dealer, the first light we came to we experienced the "clunk". We turned around again and went back to the service department and they said they had no other ideas to fix the problem! We took the truck home, and I did some research on the internet and found a Service Bulletin #99-04-20-002J which stated that this "clunking" was due to gear lash in the differential, transfer case, and transmission - and that it is NORMAL, and technicians should not attempt to remedy the issue! Unbelievable! Talking to a few other owners with 2 wheel drive Colorados I find this is apparently not a problem with 2WD's. After a couple of months of "clunking" every time I came to a stop, I felt I could not stand this issue any longer so I traded the truck in for a Toyota vehicle. Needless to say, I took a substantial loss on that Colorado, and I will never buy another Chevrolet vehicle again!

colorado review

Neil, 03/16/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded in a 2017 tacoma with 5500 miles for the Colorado (more about that latter). Comfort, quality, looks, support are outstanding. Much better ride comfort and quality feel than the Toyota. This my first Chevy and was my 4th Toyota, wish I didn't wait so long. I am comparing a 2017 Tacoma TRD sport short bed crew cab to a 2018 Colorado Z71 crew cab long bed. The Tacoma had better interior storage, keyless start, power bed window. The Colorado is by far more comfortable, better tech, heating controls, much better transmission shifting, better towing control and feel. Now why did I trade in a truck with 5500 miles, VIBRATION. The vibration was so bad thru the pedals and steering wheel my hands would fall asleep. Filed complaints with the Dealer and Toyota and was told that is how they are, no help. The Dealer said it vibrated and anyone who was in the truck said it vibrated. If you are stuck on buying a Tacoma, ok, but before you hand over the check take along test drive with your potential new truck to check for vibrations. In the end it worked out great for I found the Colorado it an outstanding truck.

My Bad [non-permissible content removed] ZR2

Paul Merryman, 05/11/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This truck is my ideal dream truck. I heard another reviewer call it the Marty McFly truck (Back to the Future), and I agree. It is the truck I wanted when I was in high School (& that was a LONG time ago). OK, so it is my mid-life crisis truck. The stance, non-functional hood bevel, 31" tires, bumper reduction for approach/departure, optional roll cage with LED lights (I got em), factory lift, all lend to an aggressive look. Mine has the gas V6/308 HP. This engine has plenty of umph for me. The front and rear locking diff is also a game changer. Take some time to watch this on YouTube and you'll see what it is. Getting in a out of the ZR2 is a bit of a stretch. I am 5'10" and I can make due, but if you are in inclement weather, you risk the chance of rubbing the back of your pant legs on the factory stock rockers. My girlfriend hates this; I don't :) The interior is nice, but the dash has a plastic feel due to the fact that it is cheap plastic. The leather seats are comfortable, but combine both electric and manual adjustments (curious as to why). Driving this little beast is awesome! It handles like a sports car and with the DSSV shocks, this truck eats up bumps and jumps! If it is gas mileage you are looking for, this is not the truck for you. I am averaging 17 MPG. I love the layout of the instrumentation. If you have an Apple or Droid phone, don't worry about getting the navigation option. With the Apple Play, it mirrors itself on the large infotainment screen and you just use your smart phones navi app to get you where you want to go. This is a really nice feature. Overall, I obviously love my truck. It is a head turner. True story; I was sitting in a parking lot and a truck driver stopped his rig in the rain and ran over to where I was! He wanted to know what I was driving. Amazing!

Outstanding American Truck!

Tom, 02/21/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my 2018 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Long Bed with the V6 back in October. The critics reviews confirm my expectations of this truck, as I absolutely love it! Chevy did a remarkable job with performance, technology and cabin comfort, keeping the road and wind noise out. The V6 is powerful and eight speed automatic shifts seamlessly. I am equally impressed with the 4 Wheel Drive system as well. The infotainment is excellent. I have the optional navigation and Bose speakers, which are both outstanding. I am currently getting 20 MPG around town and 25-26 MPG on the highway. After driving the Toyota Tacoma, I was simply sold on the Colorado. Just read the reviews and comparison tests, as there is no compararison. Even the new Ford Ranger doesn’t come close.

Could be great if Chevy took of the problem they k

Sam, 09/28/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I now have 4000 miles on the truck and it's in the shop to replace/repair the torque converter. I noticed what I thought was an engine miss early on, then thought I was hearing a lot of road noise, seemed like I was always running over ribbed pavement, truck stated vibrating badly when under slow acceleration, problem got worse quickly. There was another person in the shop at the same time with a 2017 Colorado with 12,000 miles with similar issues. The dealer GM said they had the problem with mostly the Silverado, the Silverado loaner they gave me to drive while repairing my truck seems to have the same issue, it had 4 miles on it when I drove it home and I could feel vibration in it already, I'd bet it becomes a problem. This is the first new vehicle of many in my 70 years that I had a problem with. If the problem is fixed and no others occur I'll probably keep the truck, basically like it, any further issues and I'll trade for the Ford Ranger when it comes on sale in the states...had two Rangers and loved them both.

Overall satisfied

Mike, 03/29/2018
ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the 2018 WT ext cab, 3.6L, 8 speed automatic after owning a Tacoma 4 cyl automatic for 16 years. Overall, I like the Colorado. Controls are intuitive, power is much greater than my Tacoma 2.4L provided, and the truck feels much more substantial and heavier duty than the Tacoma. The Colorado gives a reasonably comfortable ride and the seats are fairly comfortable, if not a tad hard. The automatic can also be shifted as a manual transmission if desired. The standard 4 way power driver's seat is a nice feature. The info system, the first I have had, is very intuitive and simple to use. I like the individual tire pressure readouts, which I checked for accuracy and found dead on. There are some downsides to the truck. The air dam at the bottom of the front bumper is way too low for a truck and is easy to scrape on parking lot curbing, and certainly limits any kind of off-road use. Sometimes engineering designs to provide an insignificant improvement in gas mileage ignores every day usage considerations. In warmer weather I will check to see if I can remove the air dam. Speaking of mileage, around town I am only getting 11+ mpg. I realize the truck is new (only 220 miles on it) and mpg has been hampered due to some winter idling time when window defrosting has been necessary, but still, not encouraging. The outside mirrors are not power, and also lack any inside adjustment lever, like my Tacoma had. This is a pain if my wife drives the truck because she will have to get out of the truck to adjust the passenger mirror. Finally, the Colorado has a high step up, especially for a 2x2. My short wife has a problem getting in and we both end up sliding out of the truck to exit. This is irksome considering the very low ground clearance of the truck, which is listed at 8.3" (lowest of the trucks) and I highly doubt that the front air dam is actually that high, at least not with the standard 16" tires. I am not sure why both the front air dam and also the shock absorbers are so low to the ground. The bed and its sides are somewhat high causing me a problem reaching some things lying on the bed of the truck. Reliability at this point is, of course, a question mark, but initial quality has been faultless; no drive train issues and I checked all equipment and gauges and all work as they should. Hopefully this is a good sign. Time will tell. Overall, getting in an out for my wife is a pain, but once in the truck, it is comfortable and enjoyable to drive and provides a feeling of a well made truck, I just have to be careful when parking the truck in parking lots that have parking curbs/cement stops to avoid scraping the front.... again. Update- info screen went blank for one short trip and backup camera, on occasion, has not showed guidelines. Otherwise, no problems. MPG around town noticeably less than EPA rating, but solely on highway I am geting better than EPA MPG rating.

1000 miles!

Kelly, 06/05/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So far so good. Decided against the Toyota and went with the Chevy. Quiet ride (better than our 2008 Highlander) and handles well. Overall happy so far. Best MPG was 25.6 for a 300 mile trip.

Solid frame up truck , not a converted SUV

Wayne, 02/26/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Going on two years and no rattles or back to the dealership for any repairs. Just oil changes The Colorado has been a steady performer. Quiet inside as well

Enjoy the smaller size, like trucks used to be

Joe Lambert, 05/28/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This truck is very surprising to me. I have gotten 29 miles per gallon on highway and tow a 3,500 lbs boat and trailer getting 16-17 miles per gallon. Had to learn to pull it back into 7th gear when towing in hills but surprising performance. The Android play is outstanding with my phone. The maps are very detailed and superior to the onboard mapping I had on a Silverado.

Great economical and comfortable Pick Up

TommyG, 07/18/2018
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I highly recommend this truck great milage for a pickup very quiet and comfortable. No its not a speed demon but it's very acceptable. The seats could be a bit wider and alot softer ,getting in and out is a cake walk very easy no twisting. Love this truck so far. Also the phone and Bluetooth are excelent in this truck but radio reception seems poor, if you do you're own maintenance you will love it , very easy access to everything

Ditch the diesel

Rick, 11/09/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the truck less than 24 hours and the DEF sensors tripped. 18 month of ownership, 18 trips to the dealer. When the system is operating properly this is a great riding /towing package. When the sensors "trip" you have 100 miles until the power is reduced. Dealer has replaced, re-programmed, nothing works long term. Love the truck, will replace with the 3.6 gas engine.

Uncomfortable front seat

D. Johnson, 02/09/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2018 Colorado approx 6 months ago and can honestly say it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven. The drivers seat will only only adjust forward/backward and up/down. The drivers seat is over stuffed and digs into the back of my legs and cannot be adjusted for comfort. It is so uncomfortable that I am unable to drive long distances and I can't imagine owning this truck for any length of time. I am considering selling the vehicle and purchasing a Toyota Tacoma. Updated 8-18-19. I still own the Colorado and the driver's seat is still the most uncomfortable I have ever driven. Several months ago I contacted GM about this problem and they suggested I take the truck to the dealership. They scheduled an appointment and told me the dealership would have to charge me $160 to look at the driver's seat. Needless to say I refused to pay $160 for the dealership to look at GM's design flaw and I canceled the appointment. Also I believe GM knows about this problem due to numerous complaints on the internet and the fact I think they now offer a 6-way power seat with the 2019 Colorado.

My dream and death truck

Rich Hoon, 03/30/2019
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Having owned over 47 vehicles in my life, I found saw, fell in love with, and purchased my dream truck. My wife calls it the death truck because it will be my final vehicle purchase in this lifetime. The drive and feel are smooth and comfortable, as if being wrapped in a glove. Fit and form appears designed for me. This past winter found the truck in its element and I went places that fuzz size pickups couldn’t go. To get over any pitfalls such as difficulty getting in and out, I easily modified. Added Tyger step bars that look similar to the OEM rock rails. The wheels have been pushed out 1.5” for better stance. This is a boy toy, a midlife crisis, and daily driver all wrapped into a sexy and unique vehicle.

Great fun truck

Steven Sanner, 12/29/2017
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Absolutely love this truck, I average 18Mpg driving to work but I can get around 24Mpg when I'm just cruising down back roads. Love the ride, very smooth and can hardly feel any bumps.

Centential Blue with leather

Norm Rivier, 03/02/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Very happy with purchase, love the size. Mileage overall has been about 22.5 in cold weather.

Love the Quiet and comfortable road manners

Scooterzuma, 07/08/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you shop, this can be a great value. Since it is hard to buy any decent car for less than $30K these days, this nicely featured 4X4, 3.6 crew cab (and Z71) is in the price range of many SUV's or even small midsize sedans, but you get a much more robust and capable vehicle without a huge gas mileage penalty. I think the available 8 inch entertainment system has excellent communication features. Bluetooth and Android Navigation is seamless and easy to use. I looked at all the other truck and vehicle offerings out there, but did not like the marginal or even total lack of Android Auto and Apple car play that was offered. Test Drive the 3.6 and you might be impressed.

Smooth ride

e_garcia1949, 08/03/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Owned a 2010 Colorado. This 2018 Colorado is a couple of steps up. Smooth driving down the road. Feels like a Lexus to me.

Nice Truck!

Jonathan, 02/16/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this truck with 7890 miles and have only put 130 on it. I traded in a 2007 Colorado LT and am very pleased with the new body. The auto start with auto climate control including seat heaters is pretty rad. The 4x4 is a very big attraction and does it's job very nicely. The voice activation needs to learn my deep voice and the navigation could be more user friendly, but overall this truck is easily one of the best purchases you could make. Keep the shiny side up friends 😉

Junk truck

Steven Wing, 06/03/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Truck had 8400 miles started squeaking. While getting in and setting still. Or if you walked up and rocked the truck. This was happening on passenger side. Took Igor my 9:00 appointment. They called a hour later saying found bad ball joint. Never heard one of those ever squeaking. So at 4:30 called to see if was done yet. Said just about called half hour later saying all done. Well I pick it up and see on work order they replaced right upper control arm. It said due to lack of lubricantion.🤔 Needless to say noise was gone now 4 days later have a clunking coming from front end. Now have another appointment to drop truck off. Told me they take all day for diagnosis. This is a different dealership. Now we kill see what they have to say is wrong. I had a 2012&2016 Ram crew cabs. A hemi and v6. They both got better mileage than this Colorado. The Ram v6 I could run 75mph on highway get 21 to22mpg. Colorado I’m lucky if I get 19

Loving it.

Terry, 01/15/2019
ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Nice ride, awesome power and handling. Comfortable seating and interior. A pleasure to drive.

Disappointed for sure

Kent barnes, 02/20/2018
4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am older buyer and drove Chevrolet for years. They only went half way on this one. It's a basic so it only has half a reese hitch. The auto drivers window is useless. You can't get it to stop where you want it. The 6 speed transmission is a nightmare. You have to push down on the floor shifter and put it in 6th to get it into reverse. Half the time it won't go in without 3 or 4 tries. The bed is so high up in the air it looks silly (like your going downhill) It does have a back up camera but 90% of the time the backup pattern that most cars have does not come on. The space behind the seat is totally useless. Does not come with storage or seats or anything. Its just there. (like an after thought) It has power seats but no power mirrors. Dealer added over 1K for documentation, nitrogen in tires, seat treatment, and fender wells. LoL. I would not recommend anyone buy a Chevrolet truck of any kind. The dealer was extremely high pressure so do dot buy anything from star auto in Waynesville/waynesville chevrolet. I kept this POS for 6 months and traded it. I grew up owning Cheverolets but after this experience I will never ever buy another one. Poorly engineered for sure. Buy a Nissan or Toyota they are 10 times better.

Don't Waste your money!

Mad customer, 01/18/2019
LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the truck brand new with 5 miles on it. Sounds like something scrubbing underneath perhaps coming from the transmission. It's now at 3,400 mile and the sound is worse and the motor light has came on. Needless to say we we traded it in while we still had a chance to because the dealer ship was so over booked they could never get us in. We went back to Ford. I will never buy another Colorado.

transmission, brakes, and interior frosting

notachevyfananymore, 06/29/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a new colorado. It was my first huge car purchase with a plan to have a huge resale value that would cover the large up front cost. This truck (mine was a z71), was horrible. I loved the interior. I loved the handling. Gas mileage was not good but to be expected. Towing was great. Unfortunately, this truck (even though GM had already "fixed" it) had a horrible rumbling transmission issue. Supposedly a fluid exchange would fix it. I know of zero times in my life when changing out fluid fixed a major issue with a lawnmower let alone a car. It, of course, didn't work. The dealership told me that the rumbling would continue for 500 more miles until all of the old fluid was gone. No way is this true. Over the winter, the entire cabin was freezing up on the inside. As far as I could tell, the dealership fixed this issue. They of course told me it was my fault. Finally, I was backing out of the driveway at 3500 miles and the breaks started squeaking.....LOUDLY. I was devastated as this was my dream car that I was looking at for over 2 years until I could afford one. It will be very difficult to even get me to ride in another chevy again.

Pass on this one.

Jim, 07/29/2019
Z71 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2018 Chevy Colorado in theory should be a nice pick up. However, it is poorly constructed, corners are cut and the vehicle is regularly in the shop. The arm rest was broken when it was received from the dealer, the adjustable lumbar settings didn't work either. Just poorly made and poorly assembled. The seat covers when first purchased, looked rich and comfortable, but soon the hem of the covers began to pull apart on the driver's seat. The paint job waxes up real nice, but scratches easily. The vehicle has been in the shop four times. The latest issue, the vehicle hesitates on acceleration and the check engine light activates. Most recently, the vehicle has been in the shop over a week now. At least the dealer lent me a loaner car. I'd love to buy American, but there has to be value. Maybe Chevy just isn't good at making small trucks, or anything anymore.

Totally pleased so far

MillerC , 11/01/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The only complaints I have relate to options not offered and the fact the it still uses a key. Even though this is loaded Z71, I still have no backup sensors (there is a camera), no front or side sensors, and no adaptive cruise control. That aside, it has proved very usable with good ride and handling. It is fine highway cruiser. I have not taken it off road, but it served well on semi-flooded streets in heavy rains. Very easy to enter and exit with excellent head room.

nice truck

don g, 11/25/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

traded down from a ram 1500...wanted to down size...and happy I did I am enjoying the gas milage(20 mph city) and the ease of maneuverability in tight spots . happy so far with it

Outstanding Truck

rick waters, 03/31/2020
4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have two trucks; a 2017 Ram for towing and my 2018 Colorado for basic transportation and fun driving. It is the 4 cylinder, 6 speed standard. It gets great mileage. I live in a rural area and averaged 26mpg all winter. Now warmer weather is coming it is improving. The ride is a bit stiff, but if I wanted the ride of a luxury car I would have bought one. It doesn't accelerate super fast, but again that is not what I bought it for. It doesn't talk to me, no navigation, no extra junk I don't want. It's a truck, that gets great mileage, I can hauls my junk, motorcycle, canoe, dead deer now and then. It does everything I want it to do except haul tons of stone or wood. Simple, solid transportation. And a heck of a lot less expensive than my Tacoma. I am very happy. I have put 5,000 miles on it in three months. Solid vehicle.

Only three miles on the truck

Dash, 02/27/2019
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got this as a rental from Hertz DFW airport and only had 3 miles on the odometer. Barely 1 day out and the car smells like there is something burning in the engine. I checked the engine, has oil, seems nothing is leaking but the smell is still permeating. Lucky that i will be returning this today. Thought that this would be a great small truck to drive but a total disaster. The drive with the truck is pretty stiff and the shifter is awkward and the layout the same. My 2008 F-150 had a better layout and access to the bed was better even though it was a a larger truck. I checked the space under the back seats and disappointed with the size and overall quality of the truck. I am not a fan of a specific brand but want good quality for my money. I traded my F-150 last year since i needed something smaller and ended up with a 2018 Tacoma which I am glad i chose. This was overall the best bang for the buck since the Ranger was not yet released and didnt know how that would be. Glad I got the Tacoma over the Colorado.

Worst vehicle I’ve ever owned. Terribly uncomfort.

Bob Davis, 10/11/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It has stayed in the shop since week 3 of ownership. Torque converter failure, misfire, and rear main seal.

Great Pick up

Oswaldo A Sanchez, 07/02/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good fuel efficiency, For be a pick/up look great

Power

Jim, 01/16/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A little under powered, but I have a diesel before so I may get used to it

What a disappointment

Mark, 08/18/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Drove one for five days and after those 5 days, I could hardly walk. The seats are the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been in. The infotainment system continually dropped the connections and wasn’t at all dependable. This pickup is horrible and anyone that buys one is going to be extremely disappointed. Underpowered, braking was erratic, and the fuel economy wasn’t good. I’m back in my F350 FX4 diesel and damned glad.

Blackie

Richard Pyne, 02/26/2018
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

That it’s a very basic truck,no frills,

Steffi

Steffi, 05/29/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

To expensive, but you'll love it

Godd truck

Patrick, 07/05/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Interior could be better but overall a good truck

Steffi zr2

Steffi brugel, 06/13/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great truck, Hart to get in but comfy on and off road. I love it.

Love the Colorado

William Mccoy, 01/15/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great vehicle. Perfect for the family. Took a recent trip to snow country and had no problems. Also serves as my daily driver and it absolutely fits the need.

creature comfort ???????? LOL

gene, 05/31/2019
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

front seats, are terrible ( they angle down at the rear of them ), steering wheel won't tip forward far enough, for ease of getting in or out. side door pockets are useless. because of the seat angle, and steering wheel problem ( not tipping forward far enough ) I am constantly turning the headlight switch off and the four wheel drive switch on when I get in or out of the truck. those dial switches are mounted IN THE WRONG PLACE !!!! )" VERY UNCOMFORTABLE" for long distance driving. and that message that keeps popping up on my touch screen, about paying attention while driving, you have to take your eyes off the road to read it. who was the GM IDIOT that came up with that idea ?. overall not happy GM PLEASE BUY IT BACK !.

Holding my breath

BeefyZ, 09/20/2019
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Within months of ownership, had the big problem of not being able to put gas into car. Then GM went on strike and was w/o vehicle for 2 weeks, not even knowing if they had diagnosed the problem correctly, since this has been a problem since at least 2004! Got it back and have to admit that at least I can put gas into the truck normally. It still bothers though that when the warranty expires this will be MY problem even though GM knows that their entire system of putting fuel into some of their vehicles is flawed. Too bad. Its not that bad of a truck. On long trips one of the few vehicles I can still feel comfortable in. Nice lines to it and it shines up great. Can get 25 mpg or so locally which is better than any other small pickup I have owned. Clutch stinks ! Been back with this also and told nothing can be done. Been driving stick 40 yrs and this one is terrible. Holding my breath about this one though. Plastic parts are cheap and scratch easily and splash guard around front of vehicle is pot marked and looks like its ready to fall off. Wonder how the rest of the vehicle was assembled.

Excellent Multipurpose Truck

Valor Trooper, 10/05/2019
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I previously owned a 2016 Colorado LT 4x4 Crew Cab and made the upgrade to a 2018 Colorado ZR2 Crew Cab, short bed, 4x4 with Goodyear All terrain tires and special ZR2 rims. I have had the truck for over a year with 10,800 miles accumulated. This ZR2 has the sprayed in bed liner, bed mounted tire rack with full size spare and ZR2 rim, bed mounted light bar, DSSV special shocks, The truck has met and surpassed my expectations. It is 3.5 inches wider and 2 inches higher than the standard Colorado. Equipped with tubular rock guards mounted on both driver and passenger sides. Protective plates for the oil pan and transmission. Extended wheel well flares on all four wells. Sound deadening proofing on all wheel wheels. Cutbacks on front wheel wells for clearance. Choice of different 4X4 modes( from auto, high, low, etc) covering normal 4 wheeling, aggressive 4 wheeling, to rock climbing. Locking front and rear axles option. The 8 speed transmission adds some "zip and power" to the V6 much more noticeable than the 6 speed transmission in my 2016 Colorado LT 4x4 crew cab. leather seats front and back with ZR2 logo on front seat headrests. Has remote start, halogen headlights, navigation, blue tooth, sliding rear window with defrost, and a good range of other handy accessories. Runs quiet on the highway and has gas economy matching my 2016 Colorado. Uses 87 Octane fuel with no issues. On the downside, no integrated garage door opener & single function heat/air control (works good and has auto temp feature), a bit pricey but a great truck and worth the purchase.

Best truck I’ve ever owned

Joe warson, 06/09/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

More reliable than any ford than I’ve ever owned. Toyota Nissan junk unreliable.

Thump, thump, thump.

John carlin , 10/23/2019
LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

7 times in the shop for same complaint. GM is playing the "I dont hear it" game. Time for the attorney to take over.

Great Truck

RLJ88, 11/11/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have had our crew cab short bed Z71 for about a year and a half now. We absolutely love this truck. It looks amazing, runs awesome and has great features. Love the Bose system and the heated seats. The AC works almost too well...can't not freeze yourself out sometimes. Only used the 4WD once so far, but worked great. Very happy with our purchase.

Love my truck, BUT...

RL, 02/18/2020
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've Been having issues with transmission. I've had the transmission flush thru the dealer. Still same problem.

Non-existent quality control

Tom, 02/23/2020
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Avoid this product! I have had a slew of issues since first purchasing this vehicle that are indicative of lack of quality control. My drivers side seatbelt frayed and nearly tore in half with normal use. The upholstery came off on my rarely used passenger seat. 2 of the exterior lights have leaked and had standing water in them. The backup camera has never worked properly, displaying lines as if faulty electrical to the point rendering it useless, especially in low light. The buttons on the center console have failed intermittently multiple times, but the dealer is unable to reproduce them so they have not tried to fix it. I have videos of it failing. The door jamb kick plate made loud cracking sounds when you rested your foot on it needed to be replaced. The rear suspension failed and they had to replace the bushings. The fan for the HVAC has intermittently made grinding noises and sounds as if it was turbo. Again, I have videos, but the dealer hasn't been able to reproduce them on demand and therefore won't fix it. Recently, my transmission has begun making whining noises and shifting hard. This vehicle has under 20k miles, is less than 2 years old and is primarily my commute vehicle. It's been taken on a smoothe gravel road once! I would be fearful of actually using it like a truck as the evidently poor quality leads me to believe that it would completely fall apart. I would at this point never buy a GM product again. I've owned many vehicles in my life, not one of them has had even near this number of problems, not even all of them combined. I have lost personal time and use of this vehicle given how frequently it has had to be in for repairs. This was my first GM product and it was disappointing to say the least! I would highly recommend to anyone that I know or care for to not buy a GM product. They clearly do not care about the quality of their product.

Centennial Edition Chevy Colorado

Bryan H, 06/08/2020
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Outstanding vehicle in ride and appearance. The Centennial blue is a nice change from the common white, gray, or black.

51050