2017 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

I love my little Colorado!
By RebelsWingman

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In the beginning, I researched the Colorado with the diesel option. From late 2015 until March of 2017 I looked for any information about this truck that I could find. I ended up in March of 2017 purchasing a black 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab, short bed, four wheel drive with the diesel option. I have had many positive comments from total strangers, it's a real head turning pickup. The driver information center tracks constant 50 mile loops as for fuel mileage, I have turned in my highest mpg of 33 miles to a gallon. I chose the diesel option because I pull a 19 foot, center console, deep V fishing boat behind it. It handles the boat and all my belongings very nicely. I will have to admit that I have gone with an aftermarket tune and cold air intake for the truck, it has increased horsepower by approximately 60 horses and 100 foot pounds of torque. As for the cons; price is too much, warranty is too short, and at this price there should be rear seat ventilation. But overall, I love my little Colorado!

IS CHEVY NOW MADE IN CHINA?????
By VERY DISSATISFIED CHEVY COLORADO OWNER

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Leased a 2017 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab Long Bed 2WD when it had only 13 miles on it (can't get any newer than that!). I switched from a 2006 Honda Ridgeline and WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!!! My Honda Ridgeline, although it did not have true 4WD (4WD was only useable to get out of a sticking situation and did not work above 18 miles per hour), the Honda FAR SURPASSED this brand new Chevy Colorado in many ways! The Chevy Colorado (being a 2WD 4cyl) has basically ZERO "get up & go", you step on the gas pedal and the engine revs to 5,000 rpms but you hardly move an inch! The extended cab doors are the MOST INCONVENIENT doors I have ever come across. The front seat seatbelts are attached to the back doors, so the back doors can't be opened if there are people in the front seats! The quality of the truck is extremely poor! The interior is made of all cheap plastic (I would swear that Chevy is using parts form China in their cheaper vehicles). You have to be extremely gentle with every touch of a button, to not break something! The Bluetooth...................OMG it's crap!!! If you use the Bluetooth to make phone calls, be prepared to hear a very loud, ear piercing buzz (like the horn on a commercial dump truck) for the 1st 10 - 15 seconds of every call. You literally need to make a call and then wait 15 seconds before saying "Can you hear me now?". There are so many better made/better quality trucks out there ......................... don't waste your time on a Chevy Colorado!!!! Even the 4WD version is garbage and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH the $38,000 - $45,000 price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2017 chevy lemon zr2
By 1sR0s

2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

two weeks after buying this truck I started having problems. problem #1 a solenoid that controls the cylinder cut off for fuel mileage went out. Had it replaced. #2 a few weeks after that engine light started flashing randomly. sometimes when the engine light would flash traction control and stabilatrak would turn off and Id get a service stabilitrak alert on screen. Other times just the engine light would flash. This went on for weeks. Id take it to the dealership they would keep It for a few days and drive it and couldn't figure it out. after the fifth time taking it to them It had a code on it for # 3 cylinder not firing. They replaced the coil pack and It hasn't done it since. Now the transmission Is making noise when holding my speed at certain speeds as if it is upshifting and downshifting at the same time. Bought truck at the end of Dec its only march. Also the fuel mileage is only averaging at 13mpg in town. sticker said16-18. I drove it on an hour trip last weekend it barely got 16 in the interstate. this truck is a nice looking piece of JUNK!

GREAT TRUCK EXCEPT,,,
By ct yankee

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was torn between a Colorado & a Tacoma but after a lot of research, pricing etc I settled on the Colorado. I really love the truck and I think I made the right choice. I have one issue that I just cant get over. I have a rear defroster but no heated outside mirrors. I just don't get it!!!!

reliable, looks great.
By george

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

good quality veh. 3.6l eng. is great. trans tend to shift hard sometimes. 8speed trans.