Used 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Red Rover Runs Well
By Cheryl L.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great truck that matches quality with "useability". It is quiet and comfortable. It runs up the hills without skipping a beat and tows well. The long bed is great for packing boxes and large items around. Cannot feel the presence of the load. Perfect bed height for transferring cargo. Great visibility. Excellent tech. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone.

dissatisfied chevy customer
By mike kals

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

if you need a small truck buy a tacoma Toyota better value vehicle, this truck is build poorly with chip materials 22000 miles the front seat, the driver door, and front tires failing apart and the dealer is tells me it's normal wear and tear.i love my 1500 ram 41000 miles no problem.

Power door locks with no Keyless Entry
By Ric - Where's my Key

2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2016 colorado base model truck for work from MARK CHRISTPHER CHEVROLET in Ontario CA. Were talking 4 cyl. with a 6 speed manual and was impressed to find out that it came with power windows, A/C, power driver seat, back up camera, hill assist and of course Power door locks. the deal was done,. they pulled up my new truck in front, boy it looked, washed and Armor-all goodyear tires. I got the keys and climbed in. Realizing then that there were not RKE fobs for the door locks. I asked about them and was told on this model of truck they wernt avaible. WOW-- my bad for not asking first. Took the truck in for its first service and the service adviser ask how i liked my truck and my reply was just like stated above. She informed my that all i needed to do was have the dealer program the truck (about $165.00) and purchase the fobs from parts. COOL lets do it. Came to pick my truck up and was told that this model does not come with the receiver needed for the RKE. I'm dumb founded- first why youdnt they let me no that there is no remotes, why would they tell me its programing and finaly now its missing a receiver. Notr sure what to believe

Low beam headlights dangerous for night driving
By Kat

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this truck. However, being a short person the windows and windshield are really not tall enough to give me a lot of visibility. The storage in the front doors is terrible. Very little space. The worst problem is with the low beam headlights. They are very dangerous because there's no visibility. They don't shine very far in front of the vehicle and there is no ambient lighting above them so it's like there is a black curtain hiding 2/3 of the upper part of what you see out of the windshield. If you are driving over 55 it makes it difficult to see curves in the road until you are right up on them. Also hard to see street signs until you are on top of those, too. I would be very reluctant to drive this truck at night on an unfamiliar winding road that doesn't have street lights. This is a serious issue for GM. Fortunately I don't drive much at night or I would have to get rid of this truck even though I like almost everything else about it. UPDATE: I've owned this truck a year now and my previous review is still valid although I've gotten more used to the headlights. Overall, still really love this truck. My gas mileage has varied from as low as the high 13's to the low 19's.

Rattle trap
By Brown

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ripp off stay away from this truck. Mine never did really run great. The rear axles made bad noise. The bottom of the truck had a bad rattling sound when you run over any little thing and the dealer said it was normal. $40k and it should not sound like the bottom was gonna fall apart. I traded it and got a new Tacoma. JUNK and no support from GM