Used 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

dissatisfied chevy customer
By mike kals

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

if you need a small truck buy a tacoma Toyota better value vehicle, this truck is build poorly with chip materials 22000 miles the front seat, the driver door, and front tires failing apart and the dealer is tells me it's normal wear and tear.i love my 1500 ram 41000 miles no problem.

Low beam headlights dangerous for night driving
By Kat

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this truck. However, being a short person the windows and windshield are really not tall enough to give me a lot of visibility. The storage in the front doors is terrible. Very little space. The worst problem is with the low beam headlights. They are very dangerous because there's no visibility. They don't shine very far in front of the vehicle and there is no ambient lighting above them so it's like there is a black curtain hiding 2/3 of the upper part of what you see out of the windshield. If you are driving over 55 it makes it difficult to see curves in the road until you are right up on them. Also hard to see street signs until you are on top of those, too. I would be very reluctant to drive this truck at night on an unfamiliar winding road that doesn't have street lights. This is a serious issue for GM. Fortunately I don't drive much at night or I would have to get rid of this truck even though I like almost everything else about it. UPDATE: I've owned this truck a year now and my previous review is still valid although I've gotten more used to the headlights. Overall, still really love this truck. My gas mileage has varied from as low as the high 13's to the low 19's.

Rattle trap
By Brown

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ripp off stay away from this truck. Mine never did really run great. The rear axles made bad noise. The bottom of the truck had a bad rattling sound when you run over any little thing and the dealer said it was normal. $40k and it should not sound like the bottom was gonna fall apart. I traded it and got a new Tacoma. JUNK and no support from GM

New Truck
By Bill Collis

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have driven 52K in my 2016 Colorado Z71, it’s been great. Mileage is 21 combined, considering I drive in mountains not bad, made trip to Vegas avg. 23 (V6 engine) Very quiet on the inside, has the Bose system sounds great. Ride is very good for a truck; seats are pretty good. Have the side rails have to get use too, I guess you really don’t need them. Overall at this point I would give it 4.5 out of 5.

Diesel Engine
By Z71 Diesel Owner

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased mine certified used at a local dealership. Honestly did not care if I had the diesel - My husband was the one who thought I needed it. After about 4 months of ownership - I love the truck. It is easy for me to get in and out of, my very short 7 year old has to use the running board to get in - but otherwise good to go. I get great mileage - commute 75 miles a day round trip - highway miles - a tank lasts me an entire week (7 days) including my weekend grocery store runs, kids activities and so on. The guys at work stop me frequently to look at the truck - they love the way it looks. That said I am not so happy with the amount of service this vehicle has required - I have had it in the shop 5 times. The radio/interactive display and turn signals have quit twice, the air conditioning needed charged (unable to locate why) The Engine Wiring harness had a bad part, and most recently the check engine light was on for a bad oxygen sensor. Then to top it off after getting it back from shop 8 days later I had a skid plate fall off of it from the front of the truck. At my next oil change the dealership plans to check the AC again so they are working on that still. While the Dealership accepted fault for this I'm having concerns about this truck and the fact that I need to have it a LONG time to get the value out of it that I paid for it.