Used 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Craparado.
By Michael Nelson

2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned chevy my whole life all sliverados. In 2011 I bought a colorado it was a excellent truck I traded it in for a 2015 colorado this is the worst car I ever owned. I will never buy GM. Again

Rain and flood inside the cab
By Alfred Morin

2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brand new off the showroom 2015 Colorado has now spent a total of two months at the dealership with water and/or coolant issues. 1st was the water 2 weeks and where was the water coming from? Turns out that behind the cab are two “breathers” and one was bent so flood inside the cab. Now it is currently back in the shop. 4 weeks for a check engine light that came on after I got a phone alert. I called the dealership and I took it in next morning. First one there gave them a printout from Auto Zone there was a coolant issue. 3 days later I call and they tell me come get the truck. I go to pick it up and I am told the dealership has a policy of not working on vehicles when there is nothing wrong! They tell me there are no issues and no check engine light on. I bring it home on a Sat. And that night go about a mile, windows fog up turn the defroster it does nothing. Go home next day go out to wash/wax truck passenger side mats floor are wet with coolant. 1st one in to dealer on Mon. They ask is check engine light on? No but put your hand here!!! So they say leave it. Two weeks later...it is the heater core! They order new jute and carpet again...one more week. I get the call come pick it up. Yea! I go open passenger side door the mat is soaking wet, the floor is wet, the back seat floors are wet... I ask are you sure it’s ready? They tell me take the loaner. We will call you it is now week six and my truck is still there! Is it going to rust? Mold? Mildew? Am I or my family going to breathe this in? Or have we already been doing that...my wife say’sit smells funny inside when I turn on the A/C ? Has the coolant leaked to the a/c filter inside the cab? Is that why I cancelled my Sirius XM because the water/ coolant got to the radio and ruined my reception? It is still at the dealership. I am really scared about taking this truck home if they call again and say it’s ready! Can anybody offer some advice???

Liking this truck
By Tony J

2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Colorado LT ext cab v6. 30k.Other than a minor recall I have had no problems. Truck is the right size and lots easier in parking lots than my previous Silverado.

DON'T BUY!!!
By Eliot

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To many problems with this truck. Break issues, check engine lights, it's just a waste of money. DON'T BUY!!!!!

Buy a Silverado instead
By Junior K

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2014 Silverado for the 2015 Colorado based on the size. I had broken my ankle and it was a little more difficult to get into the Silverado because of its height so I buckled down and bought the Colorado with a Crew Cab. Beautiful looking truck that seemed to ride nice on the Test Drive. The next day I had this weird feeling that I shouldn't have traded, but I really didn't know why. My first trip to my dad's house which is an hour and a half from me on hills and winding turns, it handled really great but it wasn't shifting right. The dealer didn't know why at first but was willing to try to find out why. I was going to try to keep it awhile to get it paid down but then several recalls later and many visits to the dealership, it just cost me money. The dealership was 30 minutes away so even with the warranty's I still spent a lot in gas going back and forth from the dealership. The gas Mileage wasn't as good as it should have been compared to the Silverado. I got almost the same gas mileage. I was missing my Silverado more and more every day. I was leaving my job one day after a hard day's work and I threw the truck in Reverse to back out of my spot and then I went into drive and that's when the Gearshift just fell off, I mean completely off. I had no gears but that, so I had to go straight to the dealership, I couldn't back up or anything. They fixed it and gave me a car to drive, and then later I had to have my dash and cameras replaced. The shifting seem to get worse the longer I had it and then it started using oil. The oil was 2 quarts low at time of change. The straw that broke the camels back was the AC. It worked great but the line that goes from the AC Pump to the vents was corroded and ended up causing mold to form behind the dash which smelled so bad that I almost vomited the day I decided enough is enough. I have always been a Chevy fan and I still am but I have not had a good experience with this truck. I went out on June 30th and traded it in for a 2017 Silverado. I must say that I believe I'm going to be happy again. I didn't have that feeling the next day like I did with the Colorado. I didn't know why I had that feeling but I think there was something to it. Would I recommend this truck?...If you want a smaller truck that looks good and has a good stereo then yes I would, but if you want quite in the cab as well as smooth shifting and more comfort and reliability, then no I would not. The only thing about this truck I liked was the Color and the Bose Sound System. That is it.