Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Chevy has my heart
By Amanda T.

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. My parents bought it brand new in 2005 and it was given to me in 2013 and I have loved it so much. It’s gotten old and the interior is falling apart and so has some other things about it but I would highly recommend this vehicle if they made newer models of the Avalanche. Chevy is just such a great brand. It’s gonna be hard to get rid of it one day. I have over 135,000 miles on it and it still runs so smooth and has held out so well all these years. Just as any other truck, you don’t get good gas mileage:(

i love it
By Walter Knadler

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got it new in 2005, changed all fluids after 5 years, had new brakes because of lack of use......its my 3rd vehicle but I love it..45,000 miles on it. won't hold a big load.but the ride is great. towing is ok but its really just a great riding all around vehicle. only real complaint is the the brakes a very soft pedal action.I asked the dealer and they said that was they way it is.they work good but I think soft.this is my 3 avalanche and hope to keep it forever.....i am 70 years old.....its just a great all around vehicle.....

5 yrs of love
By Jo Gayle

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck I have driven it for 5 yrs pulling a grooming trailer as my business. Worth every penny. Beautiful and strong just like me.

Good Value
By Jack

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2005 Avelanche used at 18K miles.
2x4 with G80 locker.
Major problems: transmission went out after 95K, My Suburban had over 150K without a problem. Investigating some had earlier problem's and most went out around 100K, so don't feel to bad. It has been reliable with little maintenance. Interior seem to fall apart fairly easy, buttons on dash, Cover on window pillar fell off. Light 4x4 with G80 locker did very well.

05 Avalanche LT
By judahbenhuer

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships.

I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake.

Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots.

I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome.

She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)

Comfort, seat support, versatility, handling, more power over my trade-in (4.7 Magnum). Side storage in the bed (and I thought Dodge had the take on side-bed storage).

Sluggish steering, adjustable steering is awkward, telescoping steering wheel for tall drivers What in the heck do all the buttons on the console do? I just want to turn on the radio!!!!!