Used 2006 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

I Can't Believe It's Not a V8.
By American cars only!

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 STS with the 300HP Northstar engine for my new STS all wheel drive with the 6-cyl. engine. I had low expectations concerning it's performance, but I am very impressed by how responsive and fun to drive this car is. I have put 2,500 miles on it so far and the car is defect free. The car is the same weight as my old STS but it feels much more light and nimble. Overall, I am delighted with it.

The remote start that also turns on the seat heaters and rear defogger when it's cold or AC when it's hot out. The keyless system with push button start is great. I also like how quiet it is inside, you can hardly hear the traffic around you. The OnStar system is great too.

I'm not that fond of the new body styling. I like the look of the previous generation of STS better. The door ding protective strips are gone too and I'm not sure how this will effect how the car holds up in parking lots.

2006 STS V6
By James B

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. It has a smooth quiet ride, handles great, the Bose stereo is a must! The V6 has more than enough power.

The style, ride, and price.

It should have a larger trunk.

2006 STS Bad Brakes?
By Garry

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

For 20 months and 18,000 miles I have considered my 2006 STS the best car I've owned. It is truly great road car, and just plain fun to own. Today I went in for regular maintenance, my dealer informed me that the car required new front pads and rotors, $900! He went as far as to say all CTS and STS have "soft" brakes and I can expect to repeat today's expense every 18,000 to 20,000 miles. My disappointment is profound.

STS is Dynamite!
By MATT B

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The standard personal choices via the touchscreen, and unbelievable ride and power of the 6-cylinder engine, have truly amazed me. We are really, really happy with this car. I am only 34 years old, and will buy over and over again, if Caddy stays on this course!

Gotta have the key fob remote lock and unlock. I closed the trunk by accident with the key fob in my golf bag, yet was still able to open the trunk, while the car "beeped" and fully locked all of the doors. The electronic wizardry in this vehicle are beyond imagination.

Believe it or not, we don't have any. Soft close doors would be a plus we would gladly pay for!

My Thoughts
By Brian

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First two weeks with the STS have been great. I have come from driving imports for many years and felt like I was taking a chance. So far, only time will tell, I love the car. Feature for feature and in the price dependent the luxury imports can't compare. I have the V6 AWD and look forward to the winter snow. This car is super quiet and so far rock solid. It is almost freakish how many features that have been packed into the car and the first time that I have actually had to read an owners manual more than once to get a handle on all of the technology features and how to use everything.

I like all of the personalization features for remote start, lock/unlock. The Bose stereo is amazaing. The heated/cooled seats are a blessing. Navigation is complicated, but works well. I usually not big on domestic interior styling but GM, has done it's homework correctly.

Its gas mileage could be better, I average around 18 mpg. It needs more storage in the glove box. The voice recognition is hit or miss. The trunk is not as large as you would think, but it's certainly adequate. I can't use the nav system while moving, I should be able to if there is a front passenger. I like how it emulates a German steering feel.