Used 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Eldorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Still Awesome After All These Years!

T-Man, 02/12/2009
2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Great Value and Performance

ricardo719, 05/18/2009
2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Lovin' the best Caddy ever made

Planemanx15, 01/24/2008
2dr Coupe

Im a college student who bought my '96 Eldo, shale with a black rag top, in Jan 07 to travel 50 miles back and forth to school. Since then i have put a cold air intake, dual Flowmaster exhaust, tint, and changed all the speakers to pioneers, dice too:) Even stock this car turned heads but now is incredable. I have overheated and had to pull over (thought I seized the engine) only to find out it was the a\c compressor, other then that, there have never been any major problems. I show the car every week at the local car show and get great comments all the time. It seems Cadillac may be coming out with a CTS coupe, which looks pretty close to the Eldo, maybe there gonna bring back this style

Great "Blingmobile"

Ross Caputo, 01/08/2006
2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado used with 36,000 miles on it. The previous owner added wire wheels, vogue tires, atainless rocker panels, wheel well fender trim, and white Landau top. The paint is a beautiful metallic maroon. I constantly get positive comments from passers-by. It has a very responsive Northstar engine and holds the road really well. My previous car was a '92 Eldorado, black with a cream interior in great shape but when I happened upon this car I was really taken by the look. I had to have it. Having experienced some repair costs with my prevoius Eldorado I decided to purchase a warranty plan with this one. Cadillac dealer repairs are extremely expensive. I look forward to driving this car, too bad they've dropped production.

FUN TO DRIVE

snagy, 05/10/2005
2dr Coupe

I bought my Cadillac Eldorado with 28,000 miles on it in 2003. I just love to drive this thing. Its performance and comfort are great. I did get an extended warranty when I bought the car, which has paid for itself. I had to replace a swaybar. Other than that, I've had to perform just normal maintenance, like tune ups, plugs and wires, oil changes, and stuff like that. These things are expensive if you take it to the dealer. I suggest a local mechanic that specializes in Cadillacs.