Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

My 02
By Miguel Vazquez

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used owned for 13 yrs, other than regular maintenance. I have paid my fair share of repair costs, if I could buy that same one I would. 163k & still has plenty of get up & go. But it pays to do your maintenance intervals. Keeps my car on the road.

Nice SUV
By Carguy202

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked this car, it drove amazingly smooth and was fun to drive. I also liked the exterior design. Then it blew a head gasket:/. I don't have it anymore but I miss it. Although, I really hated the tacky Buick symbols all over the inner parts of the seats.

2002 Buick Rendezvous get additional waranty!!!!
By Suena Olson

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Rendezvous for almost 5 years. The additional warranty has paid for the car and then some in repairs. First day off the truck had 1000. tranny repair. Dealership I got it from paid due to warranty requirements of 400 miles or 4 mos of ownership prior to claims. I have had bad wheels, drive shaft repairs, differential problems, broken mirror, gas tank levels repairs, air conditioner condenser and compressor replacements, multiple sensor replacements, and now it is going in and out of AWD by itself and the ABS light comes on. I have never driven 10000 miles without a major repair. It had 35000 miles on it when I bought it and only has 78000 now. I am sure glad I have never sold the Honda Prelude it was supposed to replace because at 137000 miles, it still drives like new and apparently will be taking me to Montana in June because the Buick is back in the dealership for repairs once again. I totaled this car and was uninjured. It may have been the worst lemon of a car but it saved my life in the end. Of course, I bought a Nissan and a Mazda when I replaced this car.

review
By Mariah Allen

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

With Remote Start
By Beverly Wiles

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle 2nd hand for $8500 with Remote Starter. All in all this has been a good car for us and on many occasions had the need to use the 7 available seats (which doesn't leave a lot of cargo room). When the two back seats are hidden there is plenty of cargo room and when all seats are tucked a lot of cargo room but only two people for the front seats can ride. Only gets approx. 14 miles per gal. for a 6 cylinder. My gas gage has been broken since we purchased this vehicle but I am able to use the set (gas used) to determine when to fill up. The AWD light has been intermittent and/or on most of the time since we have owned this and always no one can figure out why... drives better when on (ha ha), breaks will sometimes grind when coming to a stop when the light is off, but no one see's this when testing... uggh! Repairs mostly normal wear and tear as with any vehicle oil, brakes, filters, battery and now alternator (we think). Early on we did have to have the head gasket repaired that was over $2000. Can be a bit expensive on even the smallest of repairs. Hate having to go to dealer to fix as they are always the most expensive! The alternator repair could cost over $450 unless I can find someone else to repair at a lower cost...uggh thank god for having a second car for the moment!