Used 2002 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Century Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Lemon-aide!!
By Judith McFarland

2002 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car from the Bishop of my church. The valves knock, the rear cylinders leak, the cv axle needs to be replaced, the rear speakers don't work, the driver's side electric window struggles to raise, the cheap tires are noisy, and the windshield has wiper blade scratches. All this can be YOURS if the Price Is Right!!

A Stable Car for Anyone
By Noah Wheeler

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I owned my Buick for nearly 7 years. Mechanically and functionality it was perfect. I gave 3 stars for exterior because it rusted out. The most common problems for all Centuries is the rocker panels under the doors. Once they rust out, they need replacing. I had some issues with the underbody as well such as the break lines. Hey, but living in New England will do this to a car. Overall, this car is a solid buy. There’s a reason they are popular, they get the job done...point A to Point B.

Comfortable and reliable
By Nikki

2002 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best car I ever owned. I just got rid of mine after 200,000 miles and a rusted undercarriage made me begin looking toward the future. Before myself it had two other owners, and yet it had hardly any issues. The car was comfortable to drive and to sit in, and it was heavy so wind was never an issue. At college, multiple people backed into the car and slammed into me at red lights (go figure), but the car hardly sustained damage. It accelerated like a dream, and it was great on gas considering its size. The only complaint I had was that its maneuverability was not fantastic, but these cars are literally tanks so that's to be expected. The day I got rid of it, I bawled. I've never felt so attached to a car, but this model kept me safe and made driving to any destination stress free. If you're considering buying a Century, definitely do!

A lifer
By Robin Johnson

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Just drive car from Montana to Indiana and got 34.5 mpg! Running smooth easily has another 50,000 of trouble free driving ahead.

A lifer