Used 2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cascada model:

Very stylish convertible; very affordable luxury
By Colorado Dave

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2016 Buick Cascada in October 2017 as a pre-owned car, but it only had 5k miles and still under factory warranty. We got an amazing deal since it was "used" and since it was coming into the Winter here in Colorado I think the dealer wanted to get it off the lot (who wants to buy a convertible in the Winter in Colorado?) I've been wanting a convertible my entire life and have been obsessed with the Cascada since I saw the commercial debut during the Super Bowl. I am extremely pleased with this car! We recently took a 3,000 mile road trip this summer from Denver through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California and back. The cabin is very comfortable for both city- and long-distance driving. When driving long-distance with the top down, we made sure to put on plenty of sun block and I was worried about it being too hot in the summer with the top down, but we discovered that with the windows up and the air conditioner on, there was not any issue with wind or temperature. It's so amazing driving through the mountains and cities with the top down because you get a panoramic view of everything. It's incredible what you get to see with the top down! I am very impressed with overall performance of this car on the highway. It keeps pace with other cars even going up/down mountain passes. The handling is very smooth. Since we were on a 2-week road trip, I was concerned about luggage space, but since it was just the two of us, we folded the back seats down and had plenty of room for our luggage. It was super convenient loading/unloading the car with the top down. Pros: the top goes up/down very quickly and operates with one button; great handling in both city/highway driving; love the heated leather seats for cool drives with the top down; very stylish overall and we've received many compliments - great conversation starter with other motorists (yes, we get a lot of "that's a Buick?" comments!). Cons: as others have noted, the center instrument panel is more of a "cluster" and can be confusing/overwhelming; the infotainment and some of the technology seems dated; gas mileage (even on the highway) is just okay but nothing special; there are no locks on the center console or glove box - while the top goes up/down quickly, it would be a nice feature to have locks on these for a little extra security when parking with the top down. I'm so in love with this car that I don't have a problem looking past the cons!

Happy,happy!
By Dan Shaw

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We are very happy so far with our used 2016 Cascada. It only has 2900 miles on it so we can’t judge long term reliability. It accelerates and handles great. We read some reviews that rated it low on acceleration but I think you need to see for yourself. It looks great inside and out and has pretty good electronics. One minor exception is that it does not have a built in garage door opener.

I tragic mistake
By Tony

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Electronic systems in the vehicle are poorly engineered or extremely outdated, case in point, with the navigation system when requesting an address in South Carolina I was given an address in California, the telephone system, when making a phone your voice is delivered and a very raspy matter. The system was so bad that after three months I traded the car back in

Awesome convertible!
By Gina,RN

2016 Buick Cascada 1SV 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got on here to see if there were problems posted that I'm having with mine. Everything is great in this car, comfort is top notch in these seats. They hug you and I love the lumbar support. I love that it is front wheel drive. My last car was a mustang convertible and winters in the Midwest can be very icy and snowy. I haven't had a winter yet with this car so hopefully it won't disappoint. The sound system is awesome and I can talk on Bluetooth even with top down. The passenger seat does bang on interior if not buckled when no passenger is in car. Easy enough fix. I do notice a difference with the wind guard in place. No leaks and very quiet ride with top up. My recurrent problem is AFL lamp/ headlamp leveling malfunction. The Buick dealer service dept has been awesome! They have replaced the sensor part but within 2 weeks, the warning showed up again. I took it back, which they always offer a loaner, and of course, the warning didn't show up for them. They calibrated the sensor(which had not been done when part replaced) hoping that was the problem. The warning came on the day I picked it back up(figures). I am now scheduled to take it to a closer dealer as the one I purchased it at was a little far for the frequent trips I was making. Hopefully, they figure it out. However, it is not affecting the performance of my Cascada, I just don't like having any issues on my new car. I'm over 9000 miles and am just in love with it. I get a lot of compliments which coming from an orange mustang gt convertible is surprising. You will not be disappointed!

Another Tin Can still rattling
By Ed Curry

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a rattle trap. Now that that is said, I purchased mine August 2017. After 2 months I had problems with a front speaker that started buzzing when the car started cooling down. I had taken back to the dealership for this and a rear view mirror that was poorly tightened at the factory. The mirror was fixed but the speaker still buzzes on AM and Bluetooth phone conversations. The radio has a whistling interference noise when the brakes are applied.The top had started rattling on the driver side rear and that was fixed to be replaced by a rattle on the passenger side rear now. To add to that when the front pieces of the dash were removed now the plastic creaks and rattles with every b ump. This car is just a nice looking Geo Metro.