Used 2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cascada model:

Happy,happy!
By Dan Shaw

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We are very happy so far with our used 2016 Cascada. It only has 2900 miles on it so we can’t judge long term reliability. It accelerates and handles great. We read some reviews that rated it low on acceleration but I think you need to see for yourself. It looks great inside and out and has pretty good electronics. One minor exception is that it does not have a built in garage door opener.

Awesome convertible!
By Gina,RN

2016 Buick Cascada 1SV 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got on here to see if there were problems posted that I'm having with mine. Everything is great in this car, comfort is top notch in these seats. They hug you and I love the lumbar support. I love that it is front wheel drive. My last car was a mustang convertible and winters in the Midwest can be very icy and snowy. I haven't had a winter yet with this car so hopefully it won't disappoint. The sound system is awesome and I can talk on Bluetooth even with top down. The passenger seat does bang on interior if not buckled when no passenger is in car. Easy enough fix. I do notice a difference with the wind guard in place. No leaks and very quiet ride with top up. My recurrent problem is AFL lamp/ headlamp leveling malfunction. The Buick dealer service dept has been awesome! They have replaced the sensor part but within 2 weeks, the warning showed up again. I took it back, which they always offer a loaner, and of course, the warning didn't show up for them. They calibrated the sensor(which had not been done when part replaced) hoping that was the problem. The warning came on the day I picked it back up(figures). I am now scheduled to take it to a closer dealer as the one I purchased it at was a little far for the frequent trips I was making. Hopefully, they figure it out. However, it is not affecting the performance of my Cascada, I just don't like having any issues on my new car. I'm over 9000 miles and am just in love with it. I get a lot of compliments which coming from an orange mustang gt convertible is surprising. You will not be disappointed!

Another Tin Can still rattling
By Ed Curry

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a rattle trap. Now that that is said, I purchased mine August 2017. After 2 months I had problems with a front speaker that started buzzing when the car started cooling down. I had taken back to the dealership for this and a rear view mirror that was poorly tightened at the factory. The mirror was fixed but the speaker still buzzes on AM and Bluetooth phone conversations. The radio has a whistling interference noise when the brakes are applied.The top had started rattling on the driver side rear and that was fixed to be replaced by a rattle on the passenger side rear now. To add to that when the front pieces of the dash were removed now the plastic creaks and rattles with every b ump. This car is just a nice looking Geo Metro.

Baby boomer heaven
By Robin

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased 1 year ago. Love this convertible. The only things I dislike is when I use 3rd gear to go down a very large hill near my home. It doesn't hold well and I need to use my brake too much. My Mazada held much better on the downhill. There is a Blindspot, as in most cars, with trim alongside front windshield. Could use more safety features. That was the only thing I really missed when shifting from Mazda6 to Buick Cascada. Would have loved the auto braking and also better monitoring for highway driving, even if just in the side view mirrors. Back up camera picture could be sharper images. Love the parking assist, crash warning and also the cross center line warning...this is a very good thing with distracted driving at its peak these days. All in all, I had to have this mid sized convertible. Can't and won't do the little verts due to dangerous road conditions, mostly other drivers, and after driving an audi convertible, I wanted another vert but not that price, and mid sized for sure. Love it, however, when putting other b.boomers in back....forget it. All complaints. So, save the back seat for the young agile people! Maybe offer in a 4 door? I am very comfy and love driving this car. No complaints with filling up the trunk and popping down the back seat for more space when needed. Very simple. Went thru one new england winter, no problems, but then i stay home in bad weather. Cold weather not an issue with rag top. Noise level also low. Had a little problem coming up my driveway, which is a slight hill, not paved, so gets pretty slushy and icy at times. Just had to get a small head start! If I had to drive to work daily in it and the weather was snowy, I would be nervous driving. All in all, I plan to trade for another when my lease expires!

Great car, Great value
By Ray

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 2016 Cascada convertible Sept. 2016., took it down to Fla. for the winter.I had people pulling up to me at stop lights asking what kind of car it was, they all thought it looked Great.Drove it down to Key West, what a Great drive with a convertible.It was kind of funny, we started counting Mustang convertibles on the way down, it was like every 5 or 6 cars was a mustang convertible, I think we saw 1 Cascada. The one thing I think the engineers missed, if you are driving alone with the top down, the passenger seatbelt starts banging on plastic trim once you hit around 25 miles an hour.I've looked at other convertibles and they have the belt clip up tite to the top so it is not loose to bang around.also could make Nav. System more user friendly.All in all ,Great car.