Used 2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Cascada Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cascada model:

Great car but with some finish bugs and quirks
By steve

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the car, the looks, the ride and the performance is pretty good and best part is that my 6 foot 2 inch son fits in the back seat and the trunks is usable. Mileage is not great for a 4 cycl turbo (my AWD Tuscon turbo gets better mileage). But a few things that aren't right, the hood paint is alligatored from bird droppings, I see another reviewer had this and thought they were water spots but its paint damage. I have owned dozens of cars and have not had this happen even to my 1972 Buick GS 455 which had lacquer paint, don't they use clear coat? The Black paint also seems to scratch easily and for a one year old car that is garaged most of the time it looks like its a few years old already, paint finish gets an "F". Side of driver seat has a hole in it after one year and is worn from when I get in the car, looks like they didn't put any padding above the air bag which is probably in the side of seat will talk to Buick about these as the dealer wont do anything. The collision sensor goes off too often even for parked cars or when stopped, and the display is cheesey. Others have pointed out the annoying seat belt flapping (I buckle the belt to stop it). The passenger side window doesn't go fully up at times and bounces back down 4 inches, the dealer has "adjusted it" and still does it. I have had 2 Enclaves, 1 Encore and have had a Buick GS455 for 41 years doesn't Buick road test or QA these cars?

Love this car
By Billy

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I like the idea of owning a convertible. Being a car guy I get that there is a trade off on that being a convertible it is going to be heavier than most comparable cars. The extra reinforcement underneath and the watts link suspension is superbly done and gives the car a quiet ride that hugs the rode well. The engine choice and transmission is going to make the car very reliable unlike other car with 8 speed transmissions etcetera on new platforms and such. As for the electronics I appreciate the extra buttons, maybe it is the techy in me but it is nice to have a redundant choice if the touch screen fails as I tend to keep cars long term. I actually want it to look like a space aged cock pit. The European influence gives it it's sexy style and when wanting an American brand the idea of blending in with the other convertible choices like the Camaro and Mustang is not that exciting. I rarely ever see another on the road. The German convertibles are great but when they break it takes to long to have parts and good luck finding someone who knows how to fix it. A well thought out car overall.

Very stylish convertible; very affordable luxury
By Colorado Dave

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2016 Buick Cascada in October 2017 as a pre-owned car, but it only had 5k miles and still under factory warranty. We got an amazing deal since it was "used" and since it was coming into the Winter here in Colorado I think the dealer wanted to get it off the lot (who wants to buy a convertible in the Winter in Colorado?) I've been wanting a convertible my entire life and have been obsessed with the Cascada since I saw the commercial debut during the Super Bowl. I am extremely pleased with this car! We recently took a 3,000 mile road trip this summer from Denver through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California and back. The cabin is very comfortable for both city- and long-distance driving. When driving long-distance with the top down, we made sure to put on plenty of sun block and I was worried about it being too hot in the summer with the top down, but we discovered that with the windows up and the air conditioner on, there was not any issue with wind or temperature. It's so amazing driving through the mountains and cities with the top down because you get a panoramic view of everything. It's incredible what you get to see with the top down! I am very impressed with overall performance of this car on the highway. It keeps pace with other cars even going up/down mountain passes. The handling is very smooth. Since we were on a 2-week road trip, I was concerned about luggage space, but since it was just the two of us, we folded the back seats down and had plenty of room for our luggage. It was super convenient loading/unloading the car with the top down. Pros: the top goes up/down very quickly and operates with one button; great handling in both city/highway driving; love the heated leather seats for cool drives with the top down; very stylish overall and we've received many compliments - great conversation starter with other motorists (yes, we get a lot of "that's a Buick?" comments!). Cons: as others have noted, the center instrument panel is more of a "cluster" and can be confusing/overwhelming; the infotainment and some of the technology seems dated; gas mileage (even on the highway) is just okay but nothing special; there are no locks on the center console or glove box - while the top goes up/down quickly, it would be a nice feature to have locks on these for a little extra security when parking with the top down. I'm so in love with this car that I don't have a problem looking past the cons!

Happy,happy!
By Dan Shaw

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We are very happy so far with our used 2016 Cascada. It only has 2900 miles on it so we can’t judge long term reliability. It accelerates and handles great. We read some reviews that rated it low on acceleration but I think you need to see for yourself. It looks great inside and out and has pretty good electronics. One minor exception is that it does not have a built in garage door opener.

I tragic mistake
By Tony

2016 Buick Cascada Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Electronic systems in the vehicle are poorly engineered or extremely outdated, case in point, with the navigation system when requesting an address in South Carolina I was given an address in California, the telephone system, when making a phone your voice is delivered and a very raspy matter. The system was so bad that after three months I traded the car back in