2020 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,808
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Lemon

Dan, 11/23/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Got a 2020 X3 xdrive 30i earlier this year, but this car gave us nothing but problems since the first day. Had issues with misaligned lights, brakes, iDrive, excessive vibration, tailgate randomly opening...the list goes on. BMW said "we stand by our products" but refused to do anything about it. Will have to pursue a lemon law claim.

2 out of 5 stars

1 out of 5 stars

Do I have to give my 2020 BMW X3 any stars?

Sapna Delacourt, 09/23/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I really want to love this car but I can’t. I loved my test drive of the 2020 BMW X3. Loved the styling, the driveability, the roomy interior that I fell into the trap of buying one. I couldn’t agree more with the reviewer who said there are tech issues with this car. The Apple CarPlay is incompatible with my iPhone 11 (it works with Apple X or earlier). BMW calls this an idrive issue. My media turns off after playing a few bars of a song, my map freezes and locks up. These problems occur even when I use a cord connection to my phone (and the car is marketed as having wireless capability). The camera display turns on when I’m driving for no apparent reason. BMW claims it’s a problem with my phone and takes zero responsibility for the myriad of software issues with this car. Save yourself the trouble and buy something else. First and last BMW I’ll ever buy. Customer service at BMW dealer and through corporate is horrible. I suspect this is a systematic software problem and they are not acknowledging it. After experiencing all of these issues I googled the problem and it seems others are experiencing the same.

3 out of 5 stars

very uneasy about this purchase!!

Carrie, 01/11/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased a brand new 2020 BMW X3 xdrive30i on 12/31/2019. Before we left the dealership on the day of purchase, "low coolant warning" light appeared. the car was taken to the service department and topped off with coolant and told everything was ok. on 1/1/2020 got another low coolant warning in the car. Did not drive the car at all 1/2/2020 due to this issue and was not able to bring it in for service until 1/3/2020. ( because I live 3 hours away from a BMW dealership) on 1/3/2020 the car was brought back to the dealership for service, was told coolant system was ok. As of 1/7/2020, was told the heat exchanger was the problem and the new parts had to come from Germany so it would take 2 weeks to get the parts, then get the car fixed. Have never owned a BMW, thought they were reliable and am very disappointed, I purchased this car and had it for 72 hours and it is still in the shop as of 1/10/2020. I was so excited for this car, I loved it when I drove it. It handled well, is cute and sporty, however, this experience has ruined my excitement for this car and am afraid I got a lemon. My Mercedes was totaled in a car accident, I have always wanted a BMW and made the switch, but am now regretting my decision.

Fourth BMW first time disappointment

Carton24, 02/05/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my third BMW X3. The last model was a 2017. The 2020 X3 has been a huge disappointment. Anytime you hit a bump the entire cabin rattles and it sounds as though something is going to fall apart-it takes bumps, potholes, and any variance and roadway extremely rough-speed bumps in my neighborhood at lowest speed Are reminiscent of sitting in the back seat of a school bus as a kid. The car is noisy, with a lot of rattling and miscellaneous road noise of which we cannot identify the origin. My steering wheel does not heat up near as efficiently or as comfortably as my last. I’ve owned the car for two months and it has visited the shop twice. Big regret… But the X2 loaner I was given is solid and amazing, it has that familiar BMW quality. Wish I would’ve gone with that one this time around..

Great compact crossover

mbp137, 03/27/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Recently purchased my new 2020 BMW X3, and I'm so happy I did! Coming from a Lexus NX, I was impressed with the performance, comfort, and technology packed into this car. I cross shopped the previous generation X3 when I got my last lease, but this generation is night and day better in terms of driving dynamics and pushed me to make the switch. It feels almost like I'm driving a 3 series sedan with how great it handles, and the power from the base engine is surprisingly quick and smooth. I was initially leery of switching from a Lexus to a BMW given some of the reviews about build quality and reliability, but I was pleasantly surprised that I have had no issues so far.

12345...8