2018 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

The Truth
By Ivan Olaciregui

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Simply the best driving experience I have ever had.

DO NOT BUY BMW! BMW X3 is a piece of junk
By ny

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is our first BMW car. It is a huge disappointment!!!!! We drove many types of cars, American, Japanese, Korean, .. This is the first time we actually buy and drive a German car. A friend had a VW and he complained no-stop. Anyway, first of all, the brakes of this BMW have Loud Squeaking noises!!! We sent to the BWM service center for repair three times, not getting any better. The BMW America says it is normal to have noise and they cannot do anything about it. We have drove many types of cars and we never knew this is normal for any car. It is very annoy and embarrassing when I had friends sitting in the car. We are extremely angry with the car and with the BMW Corp. I just went to some online forums and found out that many people say that this (brake noise) is a BMW thing. It has been going on for many years. The car's steering wheel and other things are also very stiff and hard to handle. We never had the problem with our other cars. We are very disappointed and do not know what to do.

Great Ride...Light on Amenities!!
By Not a Fan

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my 2018 X3 for a week now. I love the handling and performance, but for a $52,000 vehicle, I'm disappointed in the lack of amenities. There is only one USB port in the vehicle. The driver's seat is rather uncomfortable due to the lack of a lumbar adjustment that is considered and upgrade. I never even thought to check that lumbar support was included. It seemed a given for a vehicle of that grade. The interface with my phone is limited and delayed. When I inquired why my texts were not being displayed, the dealership said it was for safety reasons. BMW felt it was unsafe to have the driver look at the display screen. I asked why the news was being displayed on the screen then. He said reading the news was not as distracting as hearing a text read out. Oh well. I will be having Apple CarPlay installed for $300. Without it, the display screen is less useful because you must constantly reach for your phone to switch between music and entertainment apps. My daughter's Rogue has more features. I think I just didn't realize that BMW was all about the ride and not the experience. Lesson learned.

Der Weisse Geist (the White Ghost)
By CAK

2018 BMW X3 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

if you want something extremely fun to drive, buy it!

A fun to drive SUV .
By Sanford

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Fun to drive. Precise handling, secure braking, good acceleration. Only negative is a slightly cramped feel in the cabin.