2018 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Better than my Mercedes!!
By Meredith White

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been driving the BMW X3 for about a month. I actually get into the car and am excited to drive it. It is unbelievably smooth, the ride is wonderful!!! My only complaint is that it feels a little small in the interior, but would be fine for an average size human. For the gas it uses (very little) it is well worth it. Also, on the highway when you put on the SPORT feature it flies!!!

Unbelievably Fast and Practical
By Art

2018 BMW X3 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had my M40i for over a month now, and I love it every time I get in it. Previously I had a 2010 Cadillac SRX, which was very comfy, but I needed to make a change due to repeated mechanical failures. So I stopped at the BMW dealership shortly after I took an M driving course out in the desert, and I drove the X3 M40i. What a car!! It still allows me to have my dogs with me, who are frequent passengers of mine, but the car drives and behaves like a sports car, no joke! Cargo capacity and front seats are super roomy. Back seats are ok, but I'm by myself most of the time. Pros inlcude acceleration, brakes, steering, interior quality of materials, and styling. Mine is in Carbon Black, which is actually like a midnight blue, and I get lots of compliments about it (though it's hard to keep it spotless). Also, mine has blue brake calipers, which look outstanding. However, there are some cons as well: the ride is a bit stiff, even in Comfort mode (my wife doesn't like it). Also, no Android integration, and I wish the climate control would adjust the speed of the fan, not just temperature. My Cadillac did that, and it was a true "set it and forget it" climate system. Here with my M40i, I have to constantly turn the fan up or down depending on how hot or cold I want it, even in fully Automatic mode. And mileage isn't as great as advertised, though that could be my lead foot. And besides, you don't get a car like this if you're worried about mileage, to be honest. All in all, however, this is probably my favorite SUV ever, and I've had several.

Test drive
By John

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Expensive. Might require high test gas. Not sure.

DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION - Beware!!
By Disappointed

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

New .At 3,600 miles Drivetrain Malfunction - Total Lockdown- NO GEARS, no go. Stranded. 4 hour wait for BMW "Roadside Assistance" before tow to dealer. Dealer states "software " but remains vague re. cause. States they have "done all that BMW will allow", but there might be a bulletin coming soon ! Chassis G01, Engine code B46B20M0. Other BMW models with the same engine have experienced Crankshaft Sensor failure resulting in a bulletin requiring Sensor replacement. 2018 X3 is not included in the Bulletin, but SEVEN other models with the same engine are.. After 3 previous trouble free BMWs, this reflects an apparent departure from a commitment to customer safety and security in favor of cost saving for the company.

My First Weeks
By Taylor

2018 BMW X3 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Test drive an M40i be for buying an X3