2018 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Test drive
By John

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Expensive. Might require high test gas. Not sure.

DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION - Beware!!
By Disappointed

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

New .At 3,600 miles Drivetrain Malfunction - Total Lockdown- NO GEARS, no go. Stranded. 4 hour wait for BMW "Roadside Assistance" before tow to dealer. Dealer states "software " but remains vague re. cause. States they have "done all that BMW will allow", but there might be a bulletin coming soon ! Chassis G01, Engine code B46B20M0. Other BMW models with the same engine have experienced Crankshaft Sensor failure resulting in a bulletin requiring Sensor replacement. 2018 X3 is not included in the Bulletin, but SEVEN other models with the same engine are.. After 3 previous trouble free BMWs, this reflects an apparent departure from a commitment to customer safety and security in favor of cost saving for the company.

My First Weeks
By Taylor

2018 BMW X3 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Test drive an M40i be for buying an X3

Wow! , Wow!, Wow! Best car I've ever owned.
By Tom Petersen

2018 BMW X3 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We traded in our 2016 BMW X3 28i on a new 2018 X3 M40i. While we loved the 2016, this is a step up in EVERY area. Don't be fooled. Yes the X3 30i is a very good SAV. But do everything in your financial power to get the M40i. Such a fun vehicle to drive. So very powerful, great handling, the sound ( THE SOUND ) is fantastic, the new interior is such a step up from the 2016. This is a totally new car compared to the 2016 ........ and so much better. I got the Premium and executive package, these are must haves for the upgrades they provide. After that, it's up to you what you want ( we got several other options, but that's our choice ). But seriously, find more cash down, get a longer loan term, or do whatever you need to to get the M40i. Just so much fun, you will never regret the decision to get the M40i.

Saved my life
By Hannah MS.

2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Today I was driving back from San Diego and there was a big black truck pulled to the side getting searched from five cop cars. Realistically, everyone on the freeway is looking and not paying attention (aka me). I was going 80 miles an hour until a harsh automatic break goes off in my car, pulls my seat belt backwards, and starts alerting me that I was put into a danergous driving situation. The car in front of me slammed on their breaks to look at the truck being searched. Not only would I have totaled my car or be severely injured, there could’ve been a great chance of me going through the windshield and dying. I was going 80 miles an hour, the car in front of me slowed down to 55 / 60, and it was probably 7 feet away from me. This was a crazy situation that I am so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing car with the best technology. I was shaking and crying after this happened, but am so lucky for the driving assistance!