2018 BMW X2 Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW X2 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X2 model:

This is not for everyone
By Rick

2018 BMW X2 sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great looking, head turner, good performance, car like SUV and not a BOX. Critics need to understand different requirements for different people. Not everybody needs to have very spacious rear seats, nor everyone needs BOX design SUV.

service on my "14 X3 was due....Sooooogot an 18 X2
By John

2018 BMW X2 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2018 t23-dhp is a loaner vehicle supplied by Flemington BMW while my 14 X3 is having service performed. So here is my "drive home" review.. Looks...beautiful metallic gray color, real pretty lines, backseat would create a lot of negative boos from my Grandkids and the "trunk area" received boos from my wife. Ride, engine power, handling, and all of that, compares equally to my beloved X3. Quick bottom line....to small and much to expensive for the market. My X3 was around the same price but my Grandkids loved the backseat and my wife is still very happy with the "trunk". I do have to bring this loaner back today so I am going to have less than 30 miles driving this car, but this review is basically comparing our X3 to your new X2. Overall a very curbside pretty car with the expected BMW performance.. Thank You....John

FabulsME X2 M Sport
By Elisabeth GS

2018 BMW X2 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently purchased my X2 M-Sport Edition in the Gorgeous Eye catching M-Blue. I was not looking to buy a car for myself when I stopped at my local BMW dealership.

I was car shopping for my Son. He was looking at a used car and I decided to wait in the show room. That is when I first saw the X2. I am a car addict and I knew I was in trouble when I opened the door and sat inside.

The interior is perfectly laid out where you can keep your eye on the road and still handle things without having to get a computer science degree to figure out (which I do have). I loved everything from the two toned interior to the bright blue exterior. It seats my family comfortably (I am 5’4” and my husband and kids range from 6’-6’4”).

I decided to take a test drive in the fully appointed one with the M-Sport Package. It was a thrill to drive. I am not a fan of a “smooth floating car” and this one did not disappoint me. It drove just like I suspected ... I could feel the road like a gentle massage ... a true BMW.

I left the dealership after my Son was done and I kept thinking about that X2 and how many ways it could make my life easier (long story) than my current car.

I went back 2 more times to price out various options. I even took a test drive with my husband and he knew from the layout of the controls to the height adjustable tailgate that I found the perfect car for my needs.

My husband knew that we were going to be buying the X2. We also looked at the other “X” models. Basically the X1 is the SUV and X2 is a sporty “cousin”. The same goes for the X3/X4 and X5/X6. I liked the height of the X2 better than the others. I loved the X6 since it first came out, but it was impractical for my needs.

After several rounds of negotiations I finally saw them take the Blue M-Sport X2 off the showroom floor .... we have a saying in our family “we don’t buy until the sales manager cries”. Our sales person worked hard to score me the best deal (this was the 3rd car she has sold us).

I have to say that this car did not disappoint me at all. It is gorgeous and everything from the fine details to the way it handles on the road does not disappoint the BMW enthusiast in me. I have received many compliments on my car and I smile each time I drive it.

I am so glad that this car came into my life. It has improved my life 10x over. I am able to drive it without getting frustrated and my service dog loves it too.

One last thing: BMW offers a Mobility Program to help defray the cost to modify the car to suit a disabled person’s needs (up to $2500). They will permit changes necessary to meet my needs even further!

It was pure fate that I found the X2 and I thank every day the broken road that lead me straight to BMW!

X2 beamer
By josette audoire

2018 BMW X2 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nice looking car. Pleasant to drive. Very annoying cabin noise. When turbo is needed the car hesitate at first, could be dangerous.
Small trunk with no place for a spare. The trunk is cheaply finished. The console only show the speedometer in miles, not in km. One needs a degree to master the electronics.