Used 2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series Gran Turismo model:

GFreat vehicle.
By Jon E Quest

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

great ride. Diversified with hatchback.

Great all around car
By Eric

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you want the look, finish and interior of a seven series BMW, but the lighter handling and performance of a five series, this is the car. The headroom and spaciousness of this car beat all other BMWs and its competitors. With the large opening hatchback and the foldable rear seats you can actually get a lot of cargo in the vehicle if you need to. Getting the option of the sport tuned and adjustable suspension changes the ride in this car. I have driven the loaners that do not have the adjustable suspension and they feel like a cheaper vehicle. If I bought the car again, I would not get the night vision, but I would definitely get the adjustable suspension and premium seats. That combination makes this car incredibly comfortable to ride in.

A 7 series with a 5 series price tag
By Michael Anschel

You either love the looks of this car or you don't, (I love the way it looks) but there is never any question about the rest of this top of the line car. Built on the 7 series platform, it is a long car (2" shorter than the Mazda CX-9 seven seat) with an incredible amount of space inside. The back seats fit three adults easily. Or 3 car seats if you have kids. The handling is unmistakably BMW, and is perfectly balanced even with the additional height. The X6 has less room inside than the 535 GT. The hatchback is awesome for getting things in and out of the car, and affords much more flexibility for groceries, luggage, snowboards, trip to Home Depot.. All the things real life requires of you. The 535GT is similar in many respects to the Tesla P85 S, although I'd argue the BMW has a nicer interior and better design around things like arm rests, cup holders, etc.
My favorite BMW to date!

Wonderful
By maxozrotic

As close to the perfect car as anyone has created.
I know there is no such thing, but, the GT is nearest the bullseye.
Nice combination of luxury/comfort, utility, decent MPG's (for what it is), and being a 'drivers car'.
I'm an ex SAAB guy so I realy appreciate the GT's SAABness but with more luxury.

And New England snow can't stop it.

I love this car!

Perfect Car
By gary165

I was looking for a more comfortable SUV to replace my x3. When I drove the 535 GT, I knew I had found it. Not only that, but I no longer needed my 2008 750 either. This car is a 740i with a hatch back. Who needs an SUV when you can own this car? Back seats lean back as well as fold down. More comfortable than my 750 back seats. More leg room in back than the short wheel base 750. The rest of the car is a 7 series, at a 20% discount!
The six cylinder engine surprised me. More powerful than my 2001 740. High low end torque.
Navigation is great. Hard drive is very convenient for storing music. Bluetooth is seamless.
If you need a large comfortable car AND an SUV, this is the perfect vehicle.

Navigation, hard drive, bluetooth. Easily packs almost as much as the x5, but drives close to the ground and much more comfortable. Six cylinder engine is remarkable. Quicker than my 2001 740, yet I get 21 mpg in suburban driving. About 28 mpg on the highway. Cruise control very flexible. Voice activation of everything works perfectly.

Absolutely none. This car is perfect.