2017 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

Quick comfort, showy Valencia Orange
By Jim Dean Smith

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I replaced my beloved Mazda MX5 with a 230i, and honestly it was a hard transition. My wife hated the Miata, so I was left with no choice but to trade it in. I got a 2017 BMW 230i, with a stick shift, and it has been ok. I have the moon roof, and the car handles great, is a lot quicker than the Mazda, and gets a lot more oohs and aahs. That said, the Mazda is much more about driving, this car is more about looking cool while you get there faster. If I had not had a real sports car, I think this review would have been more positive, the BMW does everything quite well, just without the driving thrill.

Best car I had so far!
By Jose David

2017 BMW 2 Series M240i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I would need a couple of hours to describe this car in detail, but for the short review I would say this is an excellent sport car. First of all is the performance: acceleration is impressive and once you start, you can't stop. On the highway I have left all sort of cars behind....from mustangs to mercedes! It is incredible quick. For the city, the car handles really nice and fits everywhere. This is a car to be used as an everyday car without the worries of more typical sport cars

I've named it "The Beast."
By robert thomas

2017 BMW 2 Series M240i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is what a sports car should be. Fast and nimble with enough creature comforts to make driving a pleasant experience. The torque is downright scary. One has to watch the speedometer when driving onto a freeway, or before you know it you are doing 80-90+. The suspension dampens those little bumps well, yet allows for good road feel. Cornering is a delight.

Fun car to own and drive
By Thomas P Ewbank

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this 230xi for 14 months and have 11,500 miles on it. I drove it to Fla. accounting for 3,000 miles. I got 34 mpg and it held the road very well. The front seats are very comfortable but the back seats are short on legroom and somewhat difficult to enter and exit. I knew this shortcoming when I bought the car and a 7 yr. old is the only passenger in the back. The performance is excellent and I have had no mechanical difficulties. The service is free for 3 yrs./36 K miles! I strongly recommend this car. (The 2018 is unchanged).

must drive beemer
By Marisa Brao

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

looks great, drives great, makes you feel even better