2017 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

If you ever owned a 2002tii you will love this car
By 2002 guy

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car provides great handling with barely noticeable body roll. The variety of driving mode options allows great fuel economy if wanted for your daily commute, (I'm currently running 25.1mpg on an 9 tank combined freeway/city average ), or if on the open road great handling, and fantastic acceleration. Steering provides just the right amount of feedback. Trunk space is good for a car this size. If you frequently have back seat passengers, forget it, but I don't so i really can't find anything I don't like about this car. Other things I like are the ability to load 30gb of music onto the cars hard drive, and as a long time manual transmission snob, I find the the 8 speed automatic sublime. I'm 6'3", 175lbs, so while getting in and out of the car is a little bit awkward, moving the seat back when exiting makes it easier, but hey, what sports car is easy to get into? I can achieve perfect seat and mirror positioning with the electric seats. Which by the way are remarkably comfortable. If you are the type of person who starts the car up and just uses the same driving mode you will love it; but if you are someone who spends the time to understand all the features and variety of driving modes you can use, it will be even better. This car is made for drivers and doubles as a super daily duty commuter/errand runner.

Almost an M3
By JSL

2017 BMW 2 Series M240i xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Had 2017 M240Xi convertible for 2 years and 35k miles. Great car from performance standpoint. As good as the 2004 M3 Convertible I had. Feels like a really fast go cart. As fast as the 2004 M3 and the 2008 M6 I had previously. Major beef is that there is surprising amount of cowl shake and window rattling which as developed. It is perfect when top is down but when top is up, clearly not as stiff as other Bimmer convertibles I have had. The other minor downside is no manual but the 8 speed auto is an excellent transmission.

My friend has a Lexus F-Sport
By Garth Webster

2017 BMW 2 Series M240i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The BMW M240i is so much nicer. Love this car

Tires are defective
By MLDaley

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had 10 flat tires on the car since I leased it 17 months ago. I am not even driving it much due to fear of getting another flat. On one pothole, 3 tires blew.

Great Car
By GKAME

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nobody else wanted this car but once I sat in it I had to buy it. I also think it has much better look to it than the 430. Excellent for city driving and great for commuting in all weather conditions except ground clearance will be a problem for some. My thin 6' 4" inch son has no problem in the back seat but I have a much bigger nephew that barely fits in the front seat. The only problem I have with this car is I lost two 18" tires from huge potholes this spring and one of my electronic keys went out which the warranty is covering. This may be BMWs lowest priced model but for the money it is probably the best. I have no regrets so far.