Used 2005 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews

12345...6

Pros
Cons

Matt, 03/30/2010

It was a dream wagon but turned out to be a nightmare. Goes through tires and brakes with at an incredibly fast pace due to its enormous weight. The suspension is a huge selling point giving you that capability but it was a hassle from day one with failures in the electronics and controls. There were numerous times where the check engine light would come on due to failed electric sensors. The V6, although a twin turbo unit, is underpowered for a car this heavy. I came to know the Audi A3 inside and out as I was in a service loaner A3 more than my actual car as it was in the shop ALL THE TIME. Never own one out of warranty. The warranty companies wont cover them anymore due to its reputation.

13 not out

SPEEDBIRD 350, 06/16/2008

I thought you may be interested from a UK review. This is my 13th Audi and our 2nd allroad. It is a 2.5 turbodiesel which is the most populat model over here. A tank of fuel produces 515 miles on the cruise. Petrol is too expensive here; US $10.41 per gallon. The turbo lag can be overcome by depressing accelerator a cm or so which gives it time to start spooling up. Allroads are superb vehicles and worth the slight premium over the Volvo.In the UK the A6 and Volvo are the biggest estate cars and more user friendly than pure SUVs. Built better than a BMW, more space than BMW and other drivers admire you but would never let a BMW out at a junction.

Audi allroad - perfect driving machine

A Land, 02/08/2008

Never had a nicer, more dependable car. Fun to drive, never get stuck in snow and very comfortable.

Hidden Treasure

bpacelli, 01/06/2005

Our Audi Allroad is at home in any situation. The perfect commercial (hint Audi) would show this car on a race track, a snow covered highway and off road in the mud - It has done it all and always delivered! On dry pavement the ride is compliant, and handling around town or at 80 mph is impressive. Rain - see drive pavement, no difference. Snow/mud - this car is sensational. The adjustable suspension and all wheel drive give me comfort knowing my wife and two children are safe if caught in such a situation. I have had many cars, but this is the first that I bought with practical family needs in mind. Safety is the most important thing to me and this car does not disappoint. It is practical, safe, and a blast to drive!

The allroad is a winner

audiedude, 03/04/2005

My 2005 Audi allroad has been great. I moved from a BMW 330i (lease end) to the allroad. While the handling is no 330i the allroad has plenty of kick. I have only driven it in the snow twice and it stuck to the road like grim death. I love the build quality. The car is unique and people are always saying they like it and have never seen one before. I highly recommend this car.

12345...6