Used 2007 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews

Used A8 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

The way to build all cars

Aleksandar Blagojevic, 09/13/2017
quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had many VW products but Audi A8 is buy far the very best they made. I got mine with 55k andnowisat95k. Only maintain that I have done is brakes ,oil and battery but if anything else needed I would do as well. This car elevates the expiriance of driving and is a bond of class taste and karizma topped of with talent. And then there is a Quattro ..... LOVE IT

Bought back in 2013 and still strong!

Desert Driver, 05/09/2020
L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my Audi A8l with 35,000 miles on it years ago with no major issues except for the air suspension. Replaced spark plugs the next day of purchase. It was my daily driver until 2018. I even used it for long road trips and desert off road driving. Replaced the front air suspensions once when I first bought the car (2013) which costs a few thousand bucks and within a year (2014) the suspension quit working. I ended up taking the air suspension out and replacing it with coil strings. Yes the handling was not as great, but I saved myself some money for the years to come. I live in the desert so the temperature is over 100 F during the summer (AC always blasting) and we only get 2 months of winter. The roads are rough, high traffic, and the car has been in 3 minor accidents; cars that rear ended the Audi or bumped into it in a round-about have their bumpers break, the Audi just gets polished and all is intact. A very strong exterior. I had to replace most of the engine rubber gaskets because of the heat in 2017. Other than that, it withstood my accelerations and rough driving. Interior is not as great anymore due to age but mechanically, the car is wonderful. As we speak, it is parked and used twice a week, I prefer taking the SUV around now due to the tires getting damaged because of pot holes in the streets (rims are large). This was the maintenance schedule I used since I bought the car: - Change engine oil and filter every 3500 miles (Castrol) - Fuel filter, air intake filter every 20000 miles - Brake pads every year (a few hundred bucks) since 2013 The Audi has 100,000 miles now, mostly city and high temperature driving conditions. Still starts right up and ready to go, great acceleration and fun to drive. So if you're looking into buying the A8 make sure you have some money around for parts, they tend to be more expensive than BMWs and Benz. As far as I'm concerned, it has done more than enough for me. Although it has been 7 years since I bought the car, it still turns heads and gets compliments so I assume it ages well. I only take it out for fun now and is not my daily driver anymore.

Never ending money pit!

Jon, 03/28/2018
quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Car literally has another issue everytime I take it on the road. I've owned many cars and this is by far the worse for reliability.

Great car

John N. Hill, 01/02/2007

Purchased in Sept 2006. Third Audi I've bought in past 4 years. A6 2.7T and A6 4.2 and now this A8L. I still have the A6 4.2, which is 4 yrs old and in top shape with 54000 miles on it. No problems. The new A8 is rock solid, and just as peppy as the A6. Interior is absolutely top quality. MMI is a bit daunting for me, but I am working through it. (Never had one before.) I think the side mirrors could be a bit larger, but I love everything else, including the massage seats and front and back "radar" for parking. I will buy another in 3 or 4 years.

$90,000 piece of junk

W. Stiles, 07/12/2010

I bought this CPO 2007 Audi A8L with 33,000 miles on it and have had nothing but headaches since owning it. It has been in the shop 4 times in less than a year for numerous electrical problems. The Audi A8 customer service line is a complete waste of time as they do nothing, but come up with excuse after excuse as to why the car is not performing as it should. We have had 2 aluminum wheel failures where the tire immediately loses pressure. One of these episodes almost caused my wife to be in a serious car crash on the highway. Audi says it is still safe and I completely disagree. I am now in the process of selling and getting a more reliable car (Mercedes or BMW)

1...234567