Blast to drive...but...
By mark361 on
2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)
A thrill to drive. Salesman said it can out-perform a police cruiser and I believe it.
Favorite Features
Acceleration and handling. If I were a better driver, I would be top dog on the Balto and Washington DC Beltways, where I commute. Love the "smart" windshield wipers. Rear camera and other obstacle sensors are a must. I like the feature that shows how many feet you are from an obstacle.
Suggested Improvements
Sight lines are terrible in the rear. The BLIS does not make up for inability to see blind spots. I use a wide angle mirror over the rear view mirror and blind spot mirrors on the side mirrors. The rear window is so high that you can't see the road any closer than 60 ft from the rear of the car. Parallel parking and backing out of a long driveway requires a whole new skill set. Low profile tires are a design flaw. They are way too fragile. Had to replace two in the past 6 months owing to potholes, which are abundant around here. Service manager said not to let the tires touch the curb when parked! Also, avoid dirt roads! Damage is to sidewalls, which can't be fixed.