2003 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
BEST VALUE
By TV on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

WHEN CONSIDERING OTHERS IN THE PRICE RANGE, THE VOLVO WAS THE WAY TO GO. EVERYTHING I NEEDED. FWD TRACTION CONTROL AND VOLVO'S WINTER DRIVE MODE DOES INCREDIBLE IN THE SNOW. GOOD TORQUE AND PLENTY OF SPEED. WHO NEEDS A POWERHOUSE? SIMPLE PRATICAL, STOP BUYING THE STATUS SYMBOLS! THINK. VERY RELIABLE

Great Car
By ROYBOY on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is well designed thoughout the handling, comfort and style. It grabs the road so well I can't imagine needing the AWD feature. We drove from San Diego to Las Vegas in the rain and it drove like a dream. The cabin noise level is great. This is our second Volvo and the not the last.

Unbelievably Priced for what you get.
By Harry Hausen on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

First let me say that if you buy an S60 definatly get the T5. The 17" Tethys wheels add so much to the cars styling. The T5's performance is also remarkable. The bottom line is that this car looks, feels, and performs like a car that should cost considerably more. I think this is one of the best values out there.

Wait and See
By BobW on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Unfortnately I had a 1999 S-80 T6 prior to buying the 2003 S-60 T5…….so far the S-60 is a great car but with only 626 miles … it is a wait and see game.

Good But Could be Great
By Glenn S on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The AWD S60 does deliver in looks, comfort and bad weather handling. Probably the best I've ever had in snow. Extremely comfortable and great amenities. Safety should be great. The car is reasonably fast and can corner extremely well. The Achilles heel is a strange suspension that wiggles and jiggles you to the point of distraction. Most small road variations get translated into movement within the car - sharp, annoying and fatiguing. Ultimately I am less confident at speed than in say the Audi A-4, which felt much more solid.

Beautiful Car
By Steve G on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have had my S60 for about a month now and I absolutely love it. I went from a Lincoln LS to the S60 and was afraid that going to a much smaller car would be an issue but it's not. True it is much smaller in the back seat, however I have not had any complaints (and if I do, they can get out an walk). The lines are nice and the interior is well laid out and very comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone!

great car
By redrider1121 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

great looking and driving car,love the quality of interior for money paid.

Rolling Artwork
By notpostal on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just drove home in my new Platinum Green Metallic Volvo 2.4T with Geartronic 5 speed automatic. I chose this car over the Acura 3.5RL and the G35 Infiniti. While both the other cars were very nice, I felt the Volvo had the best combination of comfort, safety, performance and styling. Just getting into this car evokes a feeling that the other two couldn't equal. As for reliability, I will have to judge that later. However, I have two friends who have Volvos, one with over 200,000 miles and the other with over 100,000 and neither have had any major problems. I'm looking forward to a long comfortable ride.

So Far So Good
By Billd0no on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S60 is my every day driver. I also drive a '98 Corvette convertible. The S60 isn't as much fun, but only a nut drives a Vette in Midwest Winter weather. I especially like the way it has handled this crummy weather we've had. It's sure-footed. My wife keeps commenting on how comfortable the seating is. I have to agree. I had read a review about some minor annoyances others have experienced with this model. So far I can't see what the complaining is about. Would there be some things I'd like to see changed? Of course, since no car gets everything right. But for my monthly lease payment I'm very satisfied.

Gorgeous Styling
By MikeJr on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The Nautic Blue with 17" Tethys wheels is absolutely gorgeous! The styling is unique and does not look like the other European "jelly bean" sedans. It has an Italian design flair to it.