Used 2003 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Misterious Coldstart reaction
By elvira

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I now own a 2003 S60 T5. My first try was a new 2002 S60T5 which was returned to Volvo because when cold starting the vehicle and placing it in gear the car would "choke" and jump. Now our 2003, brand new volvo S60 T5 is doing the same thing and the dealership cannot find what the problem is. This is very frustrating since i'm paying a fortune for the car, and my confidence in the reliability of the vehicle has been blemished. I'm truly dissapointed in the ability of checking the vehicles system for faults, since Volvo appears unable to detect the fault.

The stereo system is plush and so is the rest of the vehicles interior, very comfortable and elegant.

Car needs more space in back seating. And most of all someone to figure out what is making my T5 act up after cold start.

Excellent family sedan
By Incubus

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The ride comfort and handling are excellent. Suspension is rather softer than other maker's sports sedans. But if you like comfortable ride, that's not a big problem at all. Tire grip is also good, especially with sports package (P215/55/R16). People recommend to choose non-turbo model if you drive this car more than 60,000 miles.

Soft ride feel. Rigid build quality.

Large turning circle, especially at parking. You might be embarassed at the turning circle like me.

S60 AWD Good Bang for the Buck
By cccccccccccccccccccc

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first "luxury car" and I'm very pleased so far. AWD was a must where we live and the lease deal on a similarly equiped car couldn't be found among competitors. I had a manual Maxima so the turbo lag took some getting use to, but pick-up is nice and interior is beautiful. Love the exterior look. Very classy! Can't wait to test out winter handling.

Looks great!!!Nice stereo.Comfortable front seats.Fuel economy is much better than Maxima.Safety features are impressive.Nice truck size.

Backseat definitely needs more leg room.Should be able to leave driving light switch on so they always go on with headlights.Automatic wipers need a little work.Sometimes they're to fast or slow regardless of adjustment.

Sweeeeeeetttttt !!!!!!
By Gatorsone

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

A great deal, a beautiful car, very comfortable front seats (back is a little small) and smooth ride. Previously owned a Camry and looked at Avalon, Acura TL and Volvo. Volvo's quality, styling, and comfort won hand's down.

Sound system and front driver seat comfort. Good gas mileage as well.

Make cup holder in middle a little more accessible.

First Impressions
By SF Bay Area Randy

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I admit that I never thought I would buy a Volvo. The end of year incentives made me give it a look. Those incentives allowed me to get a 2.4T with sport, luxury, and touring package for under $30K. I kind of like the distinctive styling. Around San Fran Bay Area, 90% of the cars are Honda, Toyota or BMWs. I am glad I at least got something semi- unique. It is a nice car that has decent power. I am a little wary of how it will hold up, given some of the comments in here, but I tend to treat cars gently so I think it will last a long time. The gas mileage is OK. The fronts seats are very nice.

Fronts seats. Styling. Geartronic transmission is a good toy, but I only got it because it was on the car I wanted.

Back seat space. More storage nooks in cabin. Make radio display more visible during daytime. Standard radio is only so-so. When you use the cup holder in the center you can't use the center as an armrest.

• SUV