Used 2003 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

S60 AWD Good Bang for the Buck
By cccccccccccccccccccc

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first "luxury car" and I'm very pleased so far. AWD was a must where we live and the lease deal on a similarly equiped car couldn't be found among competitors. I had a manual Maxima so the turbo lag took some getting use to, but pick-up is nice and interior is beautiful. Love the exterior look. Very classy! Can't wait to test out winter handling.

Favorite Features

Looks great!!!Nice stereo.Comfortable front seats.Fuel economy is much better than Maxima.Safety features are impressive.Nice truck size.

Suggested Improvements

Backseat definitely needs more leg room.Should be able to leave driving light switch on so they always go on with headlights.Automatic wipers need a little work.Sometimes they're to fast or slow regardless of adjustment.

Excellent family sedan
By Incubus

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The ride comfort and handling are excellent. Suspension is rather softer than other maker's sports sedans. But if you like comfortable ride, that's not a big problem at all. Tire grip is also good, especially with sports package (P215/55/R16). People recommend to choose non-turbo model if you drive this car more than 60,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Soft ride feel. Rigid build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Large turning circle, especially at parking. You might be embarassed at the turning circle like me.

Sweeeeeeetttttt !!!!!!
By Gatorsone

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

A great deal, a beautiful car, very comfortable front seats (back is a little small) and smooth ride. Previously owned a Camry and looked at Avalon, Acura TL and Volvo. Volvo's quality, styling, and comfort won hand's down.

Favorite Features

Sound system and front driver seat comfort. Good gas mileage as well.

Suggested Improvements

Make cup holder in middle a little more accessible.

First Impressions
By SF Bay Area Randy

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I admit that I never thought I would buy a Volvo. The end of year incentives made me give it a look. Those incentives allowed me to get a 2.4T with sport, luxury, and touring package for under $30K. I kind of like the distinctive styling. Around San Fran Bay Area, 90% of the cars are Honda, Toyota or BMWs. I am glad I at least got something semi- unique. It is a nice car that has decent power. I am a little wary of how it will hold up, given some of the comments in here, but I tend to treat cars gently so I think it will last a long time. The gas mileage is OK. The fronts seats are very nice.

Favorite Features

Fronts seats. Styling. Geartronic transmission is a good toy, but I only got it because it was on the car I wanted.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat space. More storage nooks in cabin. Make radio display more visible during daytime. Standard radio is only so-so. When you use the cup holder in the center you can't use the center as an armrest.

Don't Buy Volvo S60
By cward13

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have made several trips to the Service Department to repair the STC system. Overall the quality of the car is extremely poor, performance is very average. The only attribute this car has is comfortable front seats. Interior engine sound is very noisy. Nothing quite like a car that audibly lets you know that it hates bumps in the road. Transmission doesn't shift right. Any favorable rating on this site must of come from the dealerships.

Favorite Features

The only attribute this car has is comfortable front seats and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Make a more reliable car !