Sweet Ride
By Michael on
2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)
I replaced a '96 maxima that I rode hard for 200k with this car. The Maxima was fast for only 190hp. I wanted something that was fast. I had been looking for an s-60. 1st gear ain't much to talk about, throw it in second and with the right RPM, you've got a rocket. The high pressure turbo is different. I squeal the tires after it is in gear and the RPM goes up. The car is one of those classic designs that won't go out of style. (They modeled the new S80 after it.) I only wish I would have sprung for the later edition R60 with 300 HP. Maintenance ain't horrible but there are weird squeaks & rattles all over the car. My car has all the options for an '01, trackball 5-speed.
Favorite Features
Stereo, 1 touch windows, sunroof, trackball 5-sd, 4 disc indash, kickin' stereo, leather, heated seats, tight suspension. POWER. Seats rock and the body design can't be beat.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius might as well be an 18 wheeler. Lots of squeaks & rattles. Long rides can beat you up. Car designed to compete with the BMW 330, and if you can get one on the open road, there ain't much that can touch it.