2000 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: Have Loved This Car for 9 year

2000 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

2000 Volvo S40

Have Loved This Car for 9 years!
By happy owner on

2000 Volvo S40 Turbo 4dr Sedan

To make this short, I love the car! I purchased it new at the very end of '99 & have been driving it since 1-00. I really don't get the negative comments. Maybe, as one person mentioned, mine hasn't had the same issues because I ordered it before they came out & it was delivered from overseas?? But, it is NOT the first year for the car; they had been out in Europe for a couple of years. I've replaced a few things, but for a car with 100,000 miles, that's typical. The headlights did seem to go out too quickly at first, but doesn't seem to be an issue now. They're about $12 at PepBoys & they'll put them in for free, or for $5 if they're not feeling generous. I'd buy this car again

I love having the Volvo safety with the price of this car. It's really comfortable, has a sporty feel when driving. Easily zips through traffic, and you can park anywhere. Mine came with an icebox that can also be a warmer. Plugs into the cigarette lighter, and dealer added a plug in trunk, too.

The only negative thing that I can say about the car is the design of the cup-holder/cd set up. It's a minor inconvenience. I did break the antennae the first time I drove it through a car wash because it doesn't retract unless you turn off the radio. I never did that again!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review