Entering 6th year, still love my Touareg
By Kristi Collins on
2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I still love driving my car, and I do drive like the proverbial bat out of hell. I don't know about the "underpowered" reviews, but then again, I upgraded from a Chevy, so it's still a delight to drive. No fit & finish issues. Yes, it costs a lot for an oil change, but they're not JUST changing the oil... there's a whole checklist of things they're doing to ensure your car won't be a rattletrap at the 3 year mark like some other vehicles can be. (My blazer was.) Yes, the headrest obstructed, but they sent a replacement (low-profile) headrest for the middle- free. Recalls, but they always put me in a loaner.
Favorite Features
Love the red and blue display lights, and the auto-on lights, rain sensing wipers, audio system. Had MP3 adapter put in, so now it's perfect. Big rolling stereo. Awesome handling, love taking the curviest roads I can find.
Suggested Improvements
The key fob range could be improved. I have to stand right in front of the side mirror before it works. The rear seats would be better if they folded flat, so you could actually haul more in the cargo area. It sucks down considerable gas, but I'm not a slow driver, and it's a heavy car.