2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Lives up to expectations

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 - Consumer Review

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

VR6 FSI 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Lives up to expectations
By Beefoe on

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have driven my Touareg 2 around 2500 miles, mostly highway, and I'm very happy with the car. It has plenty of power and unless you're towing a boat, you probably don't need the V8. Styling is great, interior is clean and functional and overall fit and finish are flawless. Gas mileage has been 19-20 and 26 gallon gas tank comes in handy. Ride is very much softer than other SUVs I've had (Pathfinder, Rodeo) and certainly much softer than my A4 so if you're expecting a tight German ride you won't get it in a Touareg. Power steering is kind of overpowered, like a Ford pick-up, but I think they do this for off-road capabilities. If this is going to bug you, maybe look at the Cayenne.

Favorite Features

Overall styling. Dual climate control. Rain sensing wipers. Directional headlights. 19" wheels. Tire pressure monitoring.

Suggested Improvements

An iPod dock should be standard. Funky deflated spare tire. The spare tire comes deflated and they give you an electric pump to fill it up which just seems like an extra unnecessary step. Couldn't they have just found space for an inflated spare?