Used 2005 Volkswagen Golf GL Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:

A car to park outside...
By David Burrus

2005 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Golf for over a month now and am impressed. It is a very fun to drive, it handles extremely well, especially on curves. Its interior build quality is impressive. It has excellent paint and exterior finish. The car feels very solid, and tight at all speeds. The manual transmission takes time to get used to. It is very effortless, but very slick. My second choice was a Honda Civic. How did I decide? A naive young boy once asked, "Should I buy a Civic or a Golf?" And the response was simple...buy the Golf if you want to park it outside, buy the Civic if you're going to garage it. This is a unique car.

Peppy/well balanced engine if formated with a manual. Factory CD radio is very loud! It has great cargo room..I was able to fit my mountain bike in the hatch with the rear seats folded down. Excellent factory warranty. Relatively quiet when cruising at highway speeeds, considering RPM is tacked at 3,500 rpm at 70 MPH.

More efficent. For a I-4, 24 MPG city is relatively low when compared to similar vehicles.

golf 2005
By tony

2005 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an awesome car. it is very good to drive around. I would recommend it for college students who do not have a lot of gas money. It is also very easy to find a parking space for this car due to its size.

My favorite feature is the fact that it is stick. it shifts real smooth and has great acceleration.

The only thing i would improve on this car is making the outside look a bit more like the vr32.