Best hatchback for the buck
By donthasslemeimlocal on
2002 Volkswagen Golf GL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My 4 door Golf GL with 5 speed transmission is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The attention to detail in the exterior and the interior is amazing. Everything is very well made and durable. I only have 400 miles on it so far, but the gas milage is already superb. The hatchback design is very useful, and the two extra doors in the back really provide extra utility. Looks and feels way more expensive than it is. People who sit in it don't believe me when I tell them it only cost me $15,095 (before tax of course). If you are considering a focus, civic, lancer or the like I urge you to test drive one of these.
Favorite Features
Instramentation, exterior styling, hatchback utility, height adjustable front seats, nice door handles, standard remote entry and alarm system, interior lighting, interior fabric and materials, three-point seatbelt on all 5 seats, headrests on all 5 seats.
Suggested Improvements
I had to drive about 80 miles from where I live to get a good deal. All other dealers in my area weren't very willing to come down much from MSRP, but if you're persistant you can find a good price. No complaints about the car so far.