2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
What will I do without my Eurovan ?!?!
By Eurofan on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I gave this van 10/10 for design, though i realize many people wouldn't think this way. This van was built for practicality, not faux luxury, and that is why it didn't survive in the American market. We bought this van 3 years old, with a pretty hefty number of miles on it, while stationed overseas. It racked up a ton of miles, and the only two problems it ever gad, were, suprise it's a volkswagen, electrical: not terribly expensive, and totally manageable if you know what you're doing. No mechanical problems whatsoever at 7 years old, and almost 125,000 miles ! We were rear-ended and totalled this weeked at a very high speed: van didn't collapsee in toward us at all ! Nothing like it :o(

Camper Van Nightmare!
By JoeySass on 07/22/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have the Winnebago Camper version. Original owner and it's a horrible lemon. I'm on the third set of tires (recommended tires are no longer manufactured!). A/C ($1500) went out at 3 yrs., 58,000 miles. Brakes replaced 2x so far. And now I have to replace my timing chain ($2000). All this on a 5 year old, 75,000 mile vehicle. Oh yeah, the transmission is starting to slip a little, that's next! Don't buy this lemon!

Winkel No Ka Oi
By Newport Winkel on 06/25/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 Eurovan Weekender in February 2008. What a pure joy as a family of 4 to own and drive. We are consistently complimented on our wagon. It has far exceeded our expectations in roominess, handling and ease of operation. Our kids absolutely love being in it. Go get one today!

2003 Eurovan Review
By Keono on 12/14/07 15:45 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this van is like riding on a cloud. Smooth transmission with power to pass as needed. INterior is deceivingly huge (you can easily carry ten 4x8' pieces of drywall in the back!). Seats could be bigger, and if you are over 6' tall, the sun visor limits your sight distance a bit. Rear facing 2nd row limits the recline of the front seats, but makes cargo space a snap.

What A Fun Mini Van
By OT 62 on 09/13/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the MV Weekender Package. 4 years and 60,000 miles later couldn't be happier with the car. There isn't a more fun minivan out there. Kids just love it. No complaints, holding up well. Premium gas is only negative I can think off.

Awesome Performance
By cary95404 on 05/14/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Eurovan and my fifth VW van. This 2003 model has awesome performance compared to other VW vans. The pickup is outstanding and the traction control (ESP) is the best I've ever driven. Braking is excellent. The only complaint is that I’ve had to replace the brake pads at thirty thousand mile intervals (using factory brake parts). It’s a solid vehicle. The VR6 engine is a monster!

A Unique Vehicle - What Resale!
By 2003 Euro MV Weekend on 11/04/06 11:18 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this for my wife's business. She hauls a lot of clothes and we equipped with front and back removable hanging rods. She can haul 200 pieces on hangers and the Eurovan has more floor to ceiling hanging height than any van we looked at. This vehicle gets more looks than my Bimmer. The young crowd loves it. We bought the weekender package for the wooden ceiling (to support hanging rods) and occasional getaway fun. It has proven to be very versatile. After pulling all of the seats it can haul a ton. The biggest surprise is resale value. At 3 1/2 years old with 25,000 miles on it, it is still valued at 90% plus of what I paid for it new...wow!

Would never buy a Eurovan again
By Danarielle on 03/02/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been nothing but trouble. It had brake problems that required towing the first day I bought it. Its air conditioning has malfunctioned twice and the dealer cannot fix it. Its electrical system malfunctioned (no speedometer/odomotor/etc) and it took the dealer a month to fix it. Its windshield is now loose and it turns out it is a PPG windshield not even an original Volkswagen part. A simple recommendation -- do not buy this van!

Exceptional Van
By EurovanFan on 02/05/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The VW Eurovan is the best minivan to hit the USA. Unfortunately it was killed by the high cost of manufacturing it in Germany and the low value of the dollar. The 2003 model was the last one imported here, but it is still available in Europe for the equivalent of about $45,000. It will outperform any other "standard model" minivan on the market. And it is known to outlast them as well. Think of this vehicle as an example of good German engineering and teutonic toughness. We refer to it as our "Fahrfegnugen Schleppenvagon" and enjoy it on trips immensely.

euro van
By jm nelms on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second mv.Own the first one 10 years. the new motor is much better and the exterior is good looking.