Finally Got It!!!
By Troy on
2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I had always wanted a Tacoma, unfortunately I could never afford one until now. I started out about 3 years ago with my first Truck a 1999 Ranger. While this is a decent truck to start out with, I still wanted my Tacoma. So when I finally decided that I could afford one I went down to the Toyota dealer and bought a 2003 2.7L 5-Speed 4WD extended cab. It has loads more power then my Ranger(2.5L) as well as plenty of torque. While it is not a race engine, it still has plenty of power for what I need to do. I couldn't see wasting my money on a Hemi just to accelerate faster and get 8-10 MPG. The 4WD is superior to any other brand of truck, way better than the ranger.
Favorite Features
The 4WD is amazing, and yes a 4 cylinder can pull a Hemi out of a ditch when it gets stuck(I live in Ky it gets quite muddy and wet in the winter) and look good doing it. Plenty of ground clearance, cheaper then a New Dakota. Legendary Toyota reliability
Suggested Improvements
Put the dang clock somewhere else. My steering wheel blocks it and I have to look around it to see it. I am not sure if they have fixed this on the 05 model yet. No other major improvements, it is a great truck!!! I will buy another when the time comes.