1995 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Keeps on trucking... yea ya!
By Eric on 11/20/09 16:43 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my first truck I have purchased on my own, when I was 18. Great truck!! It now has 270,000 miles and keeps on going. Things I had to replace or repair: U joint in drive shaft (80,000 miles & 120,000 mi), Powersteering pump (100,000 mi), starter (120,000 mi) and that's all that comes to mind. Right now, I do have a an oil leak, need to replace spark plugs more frequently since there is an oil leak there too but the truck keeps running fine and it passed smog (CA is a big deal). The car, in my opinion is very reliable. Toyota trucks, compact size, are great cars!

Holy Smokes, Do I Love This Truck!
By BCdogs14 on 07/26/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Easily the greatest vehicle I've ever driven. I've never had to fix anything that wasn't a perishable commodity. Brake pads only once, spark plugs once. Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Even took her cross country CA to NC... she kicked that out like it was driving to the store. Gas mileage is awesome for a truck. A story: Wife was buying her Yaris, and the salesman asks me what I'm driving, like to sell me one too, I tell him "that 1995 Tacoma right there". His smile drooped and he he walked away. I am convinced this truck will outlive me. I get offers on it from strangers almost once a week... and no soap. I love this truck!!!

Tacoma rules
By RG on 07/08/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 13yrs on the road my toy still have the same mileage of 350 +/- on the road in city about 300. keep adding fuel cleaners 3 times a yr from stp, to more expense fuel cleaners at lease ones a yr, change oil every 3-4 mths. No Major problems. Once a yr a false reading of valve stuck comes on ( just reset battery ) warm the car before you drive, and no shifting errors by the driver that will trigger computer errors.

1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab V6
By Bobs95 on 06/27/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 135K on this truck and its still going very strong. I have cheated - I have always used Amsoil pure synthetic lubes, oil and air filters, so low wear is to be expected. But the fact that I've had very few other components fail is testimony to a quality design and the famous Toyota reliability. I've been 4-wheeling and camping and it goes everywhere I need it to. Recently I bought a 4000 pound travel trailer and will likely step up to the V8 Tundra since this trailer is close to the limit of this Tacoma's towing capacity (5000 lbs). But it does tow economically - we just got back from a camping trip up into the high Sierras (6500 feet) and got 15 MPG on the trip towing the trailer.

Family Heirloom
By Bobby Joe on 04/19/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my truck! I bought it new when my son was 3 years old, he will get his drivers license in 2 months and will become the new proud owner. Everything is still in good condition with this truck, it's a little scratched but no engine work whatsoever. I had some brake problems years ago, that is the extent of it's repair history. Very reliable, highly recommended.

Great truck
By reliable on 04/10/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck has been so great for me. I have however replaced quite a bit of stuff. The common 95 Tacoma leaf springs needed to be replaced. Also replaced 3 batteries, starter, altenator, and both rear shocks. Still has original clutch and transmission (thankfully). Adequate gas mileage about 18 per gal. Overall, this truck has been great.

I love my Toyota
By jackie on 07/20/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 98 with 37k miles. I have 153k on it now. Had to replace the shocks, the brakes twice and battery. Low cost vehicle with great zip and I average 26 MPG on hwy and 23 in the city. Starts up everytime, I just love this truck! I am glad to read that people have over 200k with no problems as well. Can't find a better truck out there.

One of best vehicles ever made. Really.
By Truck Guy on 06/25/07 12:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After 170,000 miles of 4WD mountain trails (hard core kayaker and climber), highway trips, towing, hauling, being lent to friends, pulling stuff heavier than rated capability, etc., this truck runs like it did when I bought it new 12 years ago. It's been a second vehicle for years now, and I often meet guys who have 400,000+ miles on these trucks. I've never had an iota of trouble with this truck (except for ripping the antenna off in a car wash). This is a truck that will go 500,000 miles, easy. Plus, it's still quick and fast (110 mph). Still looks relatively good. Wouldn't ever sell it. If you were lucky enough to buy one of these, don't ever sell it.

Best Truck
By BEST TRUCK OUT THERE on 05/31/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1996 with 12000K. This is the best truck out there now. I put 260,000 miles on it and it has never left me stranded. The only complaint is the ride is bumpy now, but it's very strong for a 4 cylinder. The bed is very strong. People underestimate my truck when they see it, but when they see the load I put on it, they are surprised. Now I bought a new 2006 Tundra top of the line limited with TRD pkg. I would recommend Toyota to everyone who is looking for reliability, economy and gas mileage.

Man I love this truck
By jss5724 on 04/02/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck last year after my wife and I bought a house. I needed to get rid of my car payment and needed a cheap, reliable truck, so this fit the bill. Got it for $2800 with 145K, bald tires, and a dented bumper. I changed out some of the parts that would likely leave me stranded (battery, starter, cables, alt.) after my starter went bad. I changed ALL fluids, cleaned it up and now I feel like I have a new best friend. The bed has enough room to hold all of the supplies I need to keep me busy doing yardwork all day. My wife is a doctor now and I have the opportunity to have a REALLY nice car, but I continue to drive "the old goat" anywhere and everywhere. Thanks Toyota!