2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Not expected Toyota quality
By dragonsssix on 12/05/12 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been close to 5 years (just hit 100K miles) and worked fine until now. Automatic sliding door is not working (won't close/open); I have to pull to make automatic door slides which is very inconvenient. I did not expect to have this kind of build quality from Toyota.

Best van I've ever purchased!
By mmcnamara on 10/11/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been a fantastic vehicle for almost seven years, ferrying our family from the Atlantic to the Pacific without fail. The 3.3 seems stronger than the 215 hp rating, and the mileage is consistently 20 mpg in town, and 26 mpg regularly on the highway. In 114K miles, I've done 2 front brake jobs, 3 sets of tires, 1 timing belt service, 2 top-offs of the A/C system for a slow leak,and a shock that was replaced under warranty at 38K - that's it. In thirty years of owning vehicles, both domestic and imported, the Sienna has been the most trouble-free of all of them.

great van , has its ups and downs
By danlee4 on 09/27/11 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned both 04 and 06 sienna Le model. 04 model had numerous issues with a/c and for 06 it got a minor face lift so we sold it with only 20k miles of use. The 06 le was perfect, had 40k miles of use, mechanically perfect, never had issue with brakes, engine, axles,trans, doors like most other people are complaining about. we averaged 22 mpg in its entire life, mixed city/hwy use. Honestly brakes are still had over 70% life left. My only gripe was it had a noisy acceleration, it likes to rev low, great for gas mileage, and provides a super quiet in cruising mode. It does shop for gears if you have it on cruise control especially climbing gears, so I just take it out of cruise.

Not Toyota Quality
By daddio1 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sienna after my Caravan died 4 years ago. I hate to say that this Sienna has been worse maintenance- wise than my Caravan. I'm on my third set of brakes, my power door locks have all been replaced and my A/C compressor went out twice. Every time I take it in to have the power door locks fixed they look get this look on their faces like it's the first time they've ever seen the problem although a friend of mine who works at a Toyota dealership told me it's been a fleet wide problem for years to include the same 4 Lexus door locks I've had replaced. Now my left CV joint is clanking. The staff at the dealership acts like they work at Rolls Royce or something. Frustrating.

2006 Sienna
By David Skipworth on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very unhappy with this vehicle. Have less than 70k on this car and already on 3rd set of tires. Rear door hold opens have failed and they cost nearly $300, and now the A/C compressor is out. New part is more than $1,000. Transmission has always shifted sluggish and the fuel tank is too small for the fuel economy of this vehicle. This car is a money pit. It just stays parked most of the time now. I hate it!

Great Value
By flpohio on 05/17/10 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not one problem except the crappy Dunlop tires it came with.

NO Repairs
By Bobber on 01/18/10 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove it off the lot and more than 50k miles later this Sienna hasn't been back. Get oil changed wherever, wore out the stock Dunlops at 30k, and replaced them with Costco Michelins, and had the front brake pads replaced at 45k.I do brake and corner very hard. Snappy engine and tranny seem to egg me on, although numb steering takes the fun out of it. LE seats are so so on long drives, and I wish now I had gone with the upscale stereo. Power door on the right only is fine for me, but a smaller driver would want a power door on the left also. Hatch is very heavy too, and forget about folding and removing seats unless you're prepared for a workout.

Mini -Van for the Wife
By TruckGuy on 01/18/10 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife had a Grand Caravan that we traded for a Tahoe. My wife has wanted another mini-van ever since. We chose the Toyota based on reputation for reliability, safety, and the fact that it has more leg and headroom for me at 6'4" than Honda or Nissan. The 3.3L Toyota engine blows away the 3.8L Dodge engine, and handling is very car like. So far we have about 1000 miles on it, and fuel economy is a reasonable 23mpg on the highway. I never thought I'd by a Toyota, but I'm happy with it. My next new truck might very well be a Toyota.

Questionable Quality
By JK on 12/16/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new three years ago and here's what I noticed. When I hit approx. 65 mph, cowl rattles. High pitch is noticed at 62 mph too. Dealer tried five times but still could not fix it. Driver side door had to be re-aligned because it was improperly installed. Power sliding door was rubbing against main body of the van--body shop took care of it. When the weather is cold, the engine idles high above 1700 rpm for 5 min. before settling down. Dealer says it's normal but did not notice this on other rental minivan. 19 mpg overall. Bought this over Honda Odyssey because it was quieter but 3.3L is inadequate for this heavy van. Overall, this is a decent van but body integrity is very poor.

Sienna LE 06 pkg 4
By Famof4 on 06/19/09 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great and very accessible features for a family of 4 or more. Handles very well. Owned a dodge van before and there is no comparison in quality and reliability. Toyota stands behind their product.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.